Notices

Noise and Neighbors

Old 12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Underdog88
Plan to have the air cylinders installed then. I am anxious to hear them open thru the muffs, it should still bit quieter. But it sounds great now and noticed no speed loss with them. Nice to be able to talk in the no wake zones and hear the tunes.

I'd like to have the db checked as it still has a bark to it. Maybe I'm getting old after 20yrs at the drag strip or just my hearing is old...

I still don't wear a seat belt cuz they say I HAVE to... pizzes me off... I hate that. But the mufflers run as fast and sound good to me. I only bought them to fly under the radar while in FL for the winter but try the Kool-Aid, you might like it too
Just givin ya a hard time , Mark I go back and fourth on the silent thunder box on the formula, it's currently in the barn, but I have toyed with putting it back on. It's still very tolerable with open exhaust since it sits so low in the a$$.

The cig was a different story...

Scottie Too Hottie still hates me over that boat

For those who don't know, Scottie is a thong wearing, 'toon driving, flamer that always seems to be hanging around the docks at the bar...

One day when I backed the cig in with dry 6" CMIs he went on and on about how no one likes to listen to that crap... I snapped back that no one likes to look at his ugly azz hangin out in a thong

Later that night after quite a few beers he was standing right behind the boat on the dock, and I cranked her up. Scared the chit out of him and soaked him from the waist down.

I guess it comes down to the mutual respect thing. I never would have said a word to him if he hadn't barked at me about the noise.

Live and let live i suppose...
Old 12-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll also add that I am the "Noise Guy" for a large fractional jet operator in Columbus, OH. Ironic that someone with such a love for noise has to deal with all the complaints from morons around the country that decided to move within 200' of a runway end...

Needless to say, I'm not very empathetic
Old 12-23-2011, 07:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rocknrye35
Go green get a sailboat
GO TO HELL" & "PHUK YOURSELF!!" haha sailboat....
Old 12-23-2011, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
I'll also add that I am the "Noise Guy" for a large fractional jet operator in Columbus, OH. Ironic that someone with such a love for noise has to deal with all the complaints from morons around the country that decided to move within 200' of a runway end...

Needless to say, I'm not very empathetic
You're gonna have to put mufflers on those big ol' jet airliners bubba. I bought Gibson clamp-ons for my Donzi and I absolutely HATE them. The unmuffled 525 just sounds so sweet and I have so much money into it and all and I want to hear it in all it's glory . I'll save the Gibbies for if I ever visit water with strict sound level enforcement. Until then they will continue to gather dust in the garage.

Oh, and regarding whoever started this thread and you guys telling him to get the noise level checked to make sure it's in compliance, uh........it's pretty safe to assume it's not....
Old 12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Underdog88
I still don't wear a seat belt cuz they say I HAVE to... pizzes me off...
OT I know but yrs ago there was a case around here where the driver of a car was not wearing his seat belt (illegally) and the car rolled.....the driver started flying around the inside of the car when it was rolling and landed on the front seat passenger (who had his belt on as well as everyone else in the car) giving him permanent injuries to his neck and shoulder....passenger sued his dumb azz off and won.....hopefully you dont land on your wife or kid....just sayin'
Old 12-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
OT I know but yrs ago there was a case around here where the driver of a car was not wearing his seat belt (illegally) and the car rolled.....the driver started flying around the inside of the car when it was rolling and landed on the front seat passenger (who had his belt on as well as everyone else in the car) giving him permanent injuries to his neck and shoulder....passenger sued his dumb azz off and won.....hopefully you dont land on your wife or kid....just sayin'
How about the dude who was riding a motorcycle in NY without a helmet with many others who were also riding without theirs in protest of the helmet law and crashed and killed himself from a head injury earlier this year.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

I say we have a early spring poker run and all meet up at xtreme air's dock..