Like Tree3Likes

30 Sportster OB by Phantom Powerboats

Reply
Old 12-21-2011, 03:01 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
My Boats: 32 SKATER
Posts: 973
Default

They look like 25 inch engines and that is why they are so jacked up ?
KEVLARKAT32 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:40 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Norway
My Boats: Phantom 25 (1985) w/Verado 400R
Posts: 600
Default

Hi,

Its 25 so therefore they look tall due to them jacked an extra 5 inches higher. You see its 25 inch on the midsections down by the cavitation plate. 20 inch will be the standard set up if I am correct. The engines seem far apart to. In my view hey should be mounted as close as possible. I did 19 inches center to centre with my 2.5 EFI's. With 300 xs I think 21 inches is the closest you can get. By doing so you get the COG lower and can run the propshafts higher.

Cheeers, Toffen
Toffen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:19 PM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Punta Gorda
My Boats: new to me 388 slingshot 2000 velocity 390 sold 2005 390 velocity sold 2001 390 velocity sold 260 velocity sold 320 velocity sold 30ft velocity sold vr1 velocity sold 35 Cigarette sold. 34 phantom cur.
Posts: 1,789
Default

How much?????????
Velocity Tom is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:56 PM
  #24
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity Tom View Post
How much?????????
The last time I was over there it was under 100k. He was still working on the power. The guy who bought it supplied the motors. He wanted to do 300's. With those the boat should run 110 plus. The I/0 is amazingly fast and stable can only imagine how nice this one is. Heard that it accelerates like a rocket.
GTOFFSHORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:32 PM
  #25
bwd
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wenham, Ma
My Boats: 34 Phantom/ P3-11 / 411
Posts: 1,157
Default

An Awesome lil boat from someone who loves to build his boats. Very impressive.
bwd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:52 AM
  #26
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run View Post
The last time I was over there it was under 100k. He was still working on the power. The guy who bought it supplied the motors. He wanted to do 300's. With those the boat should run 110 plus. The I/0 is amazingly fast and stable can only imagine how nice this one is. Heard that it accelerates like a rocket.
So you're saying this 30' V will be faster than a 28' cat with the same power??? Hmmmmm...........
Skater30 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:21 AM
  #27
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia
My Boats: DCB F-30 w/400s & Fairline 42
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffen View Post
Hi,

Its 25 so therefore they look tall due to them jacked an extra 5 inches higher. You see its 25 inch on the midsections down by the cavitation plate. 20 inch will be the standard set up if I am correct. The engines seem far apart to. In my view hey should be mounted as close as possible. I did 19 inches center to centre with my 2.5 EFI's. With 300 xs I think 21 inches is the closest you can get. By doing so you get the COG lower and can run the propshafts higher.

Cheeers, Toffen
I thought the 250xs only came in 20 inch shaft? Anyway, if you go with the 300xs do get the 20inch. Your top rpm limit is 6100 vs 5800 on the 25 n 30 inch shaft 300xs's.
drejustice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:54 AM
  #28
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drejustice View Post
I thought the 250xs only came in 20 inch shaft? Anyway, if you go with the 300xs do get the 20inch. Your top rpm limit is 6100 vs 5800 on the 25 n 30 inch shaft 300xs's.
Those are not XS's on the boat just standard mercs.
GTOFFSHORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:38 AM
  #29
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Norway
My Boats: Phantom 25 (1985) w/Verado 400R
Posts: 600
Default Phantom 30

Hi,

I read from phantomboats facebook page that they expect it to run 100 mph with twin 300xs. Its very fast indeed. And its a true 30 feet too

Lots of nice pictures on the facebook site.

Cheers Toffen


Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater30 View Post
So you're saying this 30' V will be faster than a 28' cat with the same power??? Hmmmmm...........
Toffen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:21 PM
  #30
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skater30 View Post
So you're saying this 30' V will be faster than a 28' cat with the same power??? Hmmmmm...........
My 28 skater ran 111 with 300's. 100 plus out of this hull is no issue. Light layup, vented hull, very low profile, and no b.s cabin.
GTOFFSHORE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.