Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended >

Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended

Notices

Powerboat Magazine Publication Suspended

Old 12-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
If I ever actually receive Boating Mag in place of Powerboat, I will be marking it "Return to Sender". Maybe if all of us just send it back to them they will understand we don't want boating mag. I am not saying it will change anything (because I am certain it won't) but it would be a nice "up yours" to them....
I agree..."Boating" magazine blows!!!

I don't know how they can send that to a PAYING customer of powerboat when you can recieve a subscrition of boating magazine for FREE!!!!

I have recieved this magazine for 5 yrs now and never had to pay! They give it away!! Search for it on google or yahoo. You can probably still sign up for free subscriptions.

Its like saying thanks for your money, you can't have what you bought but here is a POS we give away for nothing anyway. Hope you like it!!
Old 12-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let's hope a few (two) performance boat magazines can survive and recover in this anemic industry of performance boating. Raylar as a company would like to advertise as we did in the past but the deterioration of these magazines and the high cost of advertising makes us hesitant and we become obviously suspect of the actual subscriber numbers we are given when we consider new advertising in any boating magazine. Advertisers need readers to find interested customers to support their businesses.
I think the days of magazines as the mainstay of sport and industy news is really numbered and dying with the advent of expanded internet news , Smart phone apps and forums for the various sports and industries. You even see newspapers shrinking in number and printed size as each month goes forward. It is obvious that Bonnier has a lot of magazine titles, but I don't think I would be buying any of their stock or present value as I think these actions with the try with Powerboat are an indication that their current management actions and their publication future is not look'in good!
Let's all hope our sport and industry survives and can grow again in the future! I tend to really be optomistic about the sport and future and at least we will keep our efforts up to stay a respected member of our industry and help spread the message! " Performance Boating is Fun -let's Keep it Going!"

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 12-22-2011 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja226sport
I agree..."Boating" magazine blows!!!
That ad rag is given away at every boat show I've been to.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:18 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm still getting emails for the holiday special with Powerboat Mag. Last night was another one 11:30 pm so I guess they are still looking for money and plan on a so called theft of funds from a paying customer. Been with them since 1992. Unreal they practice business like that. or don't have a clue themselves. Why would emails still be sent out to renew and scripted as a holiday special.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatman22
This one is still around and still sending copies out and a 2012 calendar. Support the ones that are still shipping.

http://www.performanceboats.com/

thnx BIG Daddy subscribed to Both the Lake & Offshore editions and within 1 hour recieved the confirmation and they were already shipped today

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing163.1
thnx BIG Daddy subscribed to Both the Lake & Offshore editions and within 1 hour recieved the confirmation and they were already shipped today

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you get you mag check out page 71....
Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can only imagine BIG Daddy

must be that full page ad for DREYDEN PERFORMANCE MARINE

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAPPY CHRISTMAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bi gbird:
Old 12-22-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

I told you about that!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnightR6
and I love this website!

I am only 26, so I was only able to afford something on the smaller end. I bought a 2005 Stingray 230SX with a 496 Mag. I am loving it so far!
Welcome + enjoy your ride, nice boat !
Old 12-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidnightR6
I JUST asked for this 2 year subscription for Christmas and they probably already paid for it

I am also just getting into Powerboating and I love this website!

I am only 26, so I was only able to afford something on the smaller end. I bought a 2005 Stingray 230SX with a 496 Mag. I am loving it so far!
Forget the $20, more hassle than its worth chasing it. Just subscribe to Performance Boats Magazine like all the rest of us have. And that's a fine starting boat! My first was 19'. With only 130hp. So enjoy yourself, value safety for you and your guests and don't drive drunk, and keep your job so you can keep getting bigger and badder over time like all the rest of us boatnuts do!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.