Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Give me more options of brand/models of boats?? >

Give me more options of brand/models of boats??

Notices

Give me more options of brand/models of boats??

Old 12-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless there is a bracket to securely hold the anchor in the locker there is no way I would keep an anchor in mine. If you do you will sooner or latter have something shiny sticking through your boat. Like Brian said use a fold up box anchor they hold better anyway..
Old 12-21-2011, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 277 Likes on 96 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
What is it about an anchor locker?

Have you tried using the Box Anchor, and keeping it under the backseat?
It's 1000 times easier to work with, and 10,000 times safer in rough water.

Almost as safe as a DRW truck.
Box Anchor!!???? How is a box anchor safe! Piece of junk box anchor. I have scientific proof that a anchor stored in an anchor locker is 1 million times safer then a box anchor under the rear seat!! Anchors that are stored under the rear seat get hotter due to engine heat and the metal fatigues!

Plus you will get depressed using it and not recieving any BOX in return!

Old 12-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Box Anchor!!???? How is a box anchor safe! Piece of junk box anchor. I have scientific proof that a anchor stored in an anchor locker is 1 million times safer then a box anchor under the rear seat!! Anchors that are stored under the rear seat get hotter due to engine heat and the metal fatigues!

Plus you will get depressed using it and not recieving any BOX in return!

Goldammit I hate winter, but I love it at the same time!!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Goldammit I hate winter, but I love it at the same time!!
Every thread on this board lately is going to chit
Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dreamer
Every thread on this board lately is going to chit
Who takes a chit in a powerboat anyway?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

OP, there is a excellent condition Baja 405 with twin 525's that sounds like exactly what your looking for at Performance Boat Brokerage.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TO answer some questions.

I have a Baja 252 Boss right now. Grown up using families boats my WHOLE life.

Everything from a 42 foot sail boat, 17 sea ray, 260 Searay over nighter, 330SS formula, 330 Sundancer, 270 rinker, 24cs fountain...

and many other friends boats.

I boat 99% of the time, on the Tennessee river, or inland lakes, like Tims Ford. nothing close to BIG water. and will probably make ONE trip a year to the Destin area....

and EVERY TIME i take the boat out I through an anchor... its what we do, anchor off a beach and party/chill/ camp.

I have a hook on a nice Formula 382, and a power quest 380... but both have no anchor locker, I don’t want to pull ANY type of anchor covered in ALABAMA clay river bottom inside the cockpit of my boat... washing off the anchor and the locker is one thing.

As far as a pooper, I over night ALOT. the ability to wake up, and take a morning poo after a night of drinking is mandatory, let alone the girls sure do like not have to hang their twat over the dark water in the middle of the night to piss, OR get wet. Vacuflush is a good system, and works great. Keep it clean, and working , and pumped out and no worries about a little poo in there.

I will check out the 405.

I do not want triples. To much fuel, and a lot of wasted space in the bilge.

Last edited by mittens; 12-22-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was thinking 405 was an older 442 or soemthing but with out triples... the 405 is nice, but its like a formula 400SS. crauser/ go fast. let alone its >100k more than i can spend.

I want a go fast style, I like the look, and with an arch i cant get to one of my favorit places to eat by boat ! haha.

will check out active thunders too.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bit bigger than u stated but a 43 NT has a super functional anchor locker and plenty of room 4 overnighting! Good luck!!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

FWIW, I deploy the Box Anchor from the cockpit; just drop it over the side of the boat and it sets itself. And not dealing with a chain is even better.

I retrieve it from the swim platform, which is one of the reasons why I like a bolt on tubular swim platform. They are safer to stand on, and very easy to clean. When the anchor does pull up mud/debris, it is easy to knock it off since you are at water level, AND the transom shower is right there to spray it off. I absolutely hate getting that dirty/muddy/crap/water on the bow of the boat when messing with the anchor.

Check this thread I put up a few years ago.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...chor+procedure

When you want to set the anchor up on the beach, just hand the whole duffle bag off to someone on the beach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.