Notices

Powerboat Magazine

Old 10-10-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powerboat Magazine

What's going on with Powerboat Magazine ?
Old 10-10-2011, 09:42 AM
skrap
Gold Member

I just received a notice in the mail saying that they would resume home delivery by November.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skrap
I just received a notice in the mail saying that they would resume home delivery by November.
I got the same notice. I think I may have better odds with Publisher's Clearinghouse.

Hope not though.....
Old 10-10-2011, 01:52 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

The magazine is back to being published...

The voices have been heard.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 12-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered

Know this is an old thread, but wanted to take a shot - anyone have the February 1981 and February 1982 Powerboat issues by chance? Would like to buy them.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Registered

So is the magazine being published again or not? I'm getting renewal notices in the mail; but, when I go to the www.powerboatmag.com website and click on subscriptions, it says they are not offering subscriptions.

Don't really want to throw more money down a hole.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Registered

I just got a notice in the mail about a week ago for a buy one subscription, get one free. I signed up my friend for a free subscription and it was only $28 or so for the year. Hope it wasn't a scam.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I hope it's down for updates because I just renewed my subscription and renewed my dads as a Christmas gift last week.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

PURE GARBAGE !!!!! Paper thin and only good to wipr my butt !!!! It was great up to about 7 yrs ago when it was sold and really worthless !!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
PURE GARBAGE !!!!! Paper thin and only good to wipr my butt !!!! It was great up to about 7 yrs ago when it was sold and really worthless !!
I totally disagree with your statement, except for 7 years ago, it was thicker... (you miss all the fountain ad's do you?)

As we all know in the last couple of years, the world has not been friendly to Performance boating. Just the fact they are still "alive" and working towards supplying a publication that we all enjoy to read is in itself a huge achievement.

You may want everything in life and expect it to be laid at your feet, but this is not today's world. Seriously, what is $20 to you, isn't it worth trying to keep something around for our sport/hobby. I hope your money isn't that tight...

If you want more... You need to support the people trying to move things forward. They cannot do it themselves, the economics just are not there anymore.

Personally, I say way to go Powerboat, we are here to support you and glad I re-upped my subscription!

On a side note, I think that is the "old" web site, t states it is by Bonnier, they sold the magazine last summer to the new owners that just issued the new magazine before Key West.

Last edited by bajaholic; 12-19-2011 at 05:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.