Notices

When is a dually needed?

Old 12-30-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
LOL, your eyes are not playing tricks, that indeed is a two barrel! All 650cfm!

Really works well on the combination!
I cant see it. Run much better with a Quadrajet 4 barrel. Small primaries, and when you need the extra ponies and torque, kick in the large secondaries. 800cfm would do just great.

Otherwise, nice truck and boat !
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I have a 11 Dodge. With basically everything H&S performance has to offer....Nothing crazy.

Good looking dodge too ! Killer wheels too !
Old 12-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
I cant see it. Run much better with a Quadrajet 4 barrel. Small primaries, and when you need the extra ponies and torque, kick in the large secondaries. 800cfm would do just great.

Otherwise, nice truck and boat !
Funny you say that, had a Quadra-junk on it initially, ran like $hit! Bolted the two barrel on it and it's like another truck! Anyway, actually toying with the idea of the Holley EFI system but haven't decided!

Thanks for the compliments!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JD Dearden
I have a 11 Dodge. With basically everything H&S performance has to offer....Nothing crazy.

Add some black wheel well flairs, a smoked bug deflector, and some black step bars

Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Registered

never heard for h&s till now...looks like they have some cool stuff. thanks....you using the 200hp tuner on that 2011 dodge? i have not followed the dodges since i left lotus engineering and the development on auto...what auto ended up it? i bought a manual ....i hesitated on gear venders splitter and my buddy did it right from the start. now i'm not sure if i am keeping it. but from being and driving my buddy's(also manual) it's the most amazing and useful piece of aftermarket diesel mod out! while your spending the $$$ u may want to check it out if ya haven't already!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 AM
Registered

Funny you say that, had a Quadra-junk on it initially, ran like $hit! Bolted the two barrel on it and it's like another truck! Anyway, actually toying with the idea of the Holley EFI system but haven't decided!

Thanks for the compliments!
Must have been a problem QJ. Back in the day, never had a problem wth them. Good carbs. No way your getting full performance out of a 2bbl on a 454. The EFI system from Holley is a real nice setup, but alot of money.

As a suggestion I would look at a Proform 800 CFM mechanical carb for the 454. A better carb than a Holley. Have one on an 84 SS Monte Carlo I have thats a little warmed over. Nice carb and looks goo too.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Registered

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKyDmIsQSow[/youtube]
Old 12-31-2011, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to thank everyone for all the information and from what everyone is saying and what I'm gonna use the truck for i think im going to go with a SRW diesel. The biggest concern I have is how poorly people say a DRW does in the snow. I will be using my as a daily and we get some pretty bad weather here in Ohio.

I'm not ruling out DRW all together but just going to focus on 2500/3500 SRW. If a DRW shows up that I cant turn down then I'll make a sacrifice. As for where I tow it's nothing major now, my local lake is 20 mins away mostly back roads and Erie is 2 hrs away all back roads. I'd like to go to Cumberland, LOTO, and maybe some northern Michigan lakes but just don't feel as if my 2500hd gas motor has it in it, maybe Michigan cause it flat but not Cumberland.

Thanks for the help just one last question what year did chevy fix there plug issues on the duramax? Was it 05' or 06'?

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Oh and should I go with a crossover
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Registered

not sure why people keep saying the dew do poorly in the snow...maybe taking off,,,i'll give that much...but when moving the bit of extra drag on the drw in the snow, the rear brings the truck back to center...and if you're in 4x4 they do great. some roads like in alaska that don't use salt have narrow grooves where there is no semi traffic and it make the rear squirm. yes i tow in the winter too. we always end up taking my dually even when we're towing someone else's trailer. headed into the far north....yesterday i had to go get some equipment off a job site...over 30k pounds in the snow and ice up a steep rutted total $**** dirt incline...a srw 350 was WTO and all sideways towing hay thru the same area i drove over no problem with 30k.

the 4x4 drw ford and chevy r better in snow. they sit lower and more level. the dodge is too jacked up in the rear.

towing with srw on backroads is the worst with all the dips and waves in the road and the side to side motion.

i HATE that i can't just pull in anywhere and get the dually's washed!

ps....like i said some small pleasure boats weigh more than than race boats....really it's about length than the weight. this whole thread is about people talking about momentum and stoping srw vs. drw and it's really about the moment of inertia is what makes a drw over a srw night and day.

good luck on your new truck and future boats my friend!

Last edited by audacity; 01-01-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Registered

Nice truck!

If you don't mind me asking, which wheels are those?
American Froce Wheels. Check out there website they have a ton of styles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.