Notices

Sunsation vs Advantage

Old 12-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunsation vs Advantage

I have been looking a 32 Sunsation mcob and came across a 32 Advantage mcob. I am not familar with the Advantage how do they stack up ? ..thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab29
I have been looking a 32 Sunsation mcob and came across a 32 Advantage mcob. I am not familar with the Advantage how do they stack up ? ..thanks
I almost pulled the trigger on a 32 Advantage MCOB with twin 525efis, but it would need an entire new paint job. (see link) The boats are fast and this one ran into the 90s. They are decent in the rough, but not great, they normally don't come with any type of K-planes, I think they have a 23 degree deadrise vs 24. I liked this particular 32, it had TONS of room because of the way the cockpit was laid out, 4 bolsters plus a bench. The 27, not so much. I've been on both and the 32 is the way to go. The boat rides "different", can't really explain it. Comparing the two, the advantage is a very fast hull, but depending on where you are boating, I would edge the Sunny in the rough. The Advantage is a bigger boat, cockpit is huge! I love the look of the Sunny, best looking MCOB design in the industry. I know that some Advantage owners complained that the hatch in the mid-cabin always dumped any surrounding water around the hatch into the cabin when they opened it.

Cost goes to the Advantage easily, if you have the time, I would definitely try to get on board on both.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/f...-has-done.html

Good Luck
Old 12-28-2011, 09:41 AM
Registered

I'd suggest to really compare the craftsmanship between the two and see which one cheaps out in just the areas you see readily. No comparision between the two if fit and finish along with rigging is of any concern. I shopped both as well at one time and the difference was very apparent.

You caould tell which had employees who took pride in their work and who had obviously been with the company a long time. You'll never beat Sunsation Customer Service either.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 613 Likes on 179 Posts

I have ridden in both and there is no comparison. The Sunsation is by far a better boat.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

From my observations the fit and finish is better on the Sunny. I've driven the Sunny but not the Advantage. What is most important to you with this purchase?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I always liked the looks of the Advantage, however when I saw one up close this summer I realized they are not using a lot of today's building technology for fit and finish. Areas of the cockpit and cabin looked dated. Carpet walls, glued carpet floor. Little hardware items just seemed cheap. Round cabin hatch looks 70's to me. Not saying it is a bad boat, just reminded me of mid 90's tech is all.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've only been on one Advantage (27 Victory). Was not impressed at all with the build quality.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input. I just looked and this boat has no k-planes .. Why is that ?
Old 12-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab29
Thanks for the input. I just looked and this boat has no k-planes .. Why is that ?
They feel they don't need them, and in Lake Havasu you probably don't. The boat gets on plane very easily, but again, it's not the best rough water boat, so it is not included by Advantage unless specified as an extra. The Advantages I rode in and looked at the rigging and fit & finish were not as bad as described as other have just described, not saying others aren't, but the ones I looked at the rigging was ok, not great, not like some Kachinas I looked at. Again, rigging and fit & finish is reflected in the price, you're not going to pay through the nose for an Advantage boat. Again, best advice is always go for sea trial, and get a good surveyor.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Registered

I know the 32 advantage I am looking at is a bigger boat than the 29 Scarab I had but I used the planes alot in the 29, I also run in some salt water. Not sure I want to be without them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.