Notices

Advantage boats

Old 12-31-2011, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advantage boats

I am looking for a 32 mcob and found a Advantage I like. i started another thread(advantage vs Sunsation) and alot of guys are saying tha advantage is the perfect havasu boat. If I run this boat in the salt am I going end up with a bunch of stress cracks ? .. I guess my question is how well are they built ? Also it has no trim tabs, If I need them what would they cost to have added ? ..Thanks Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

My best friend let me use his 32 for a summer while he was in Iraq and it was a nice boat. The only things that stand out is that it was a heavy boat. Even with good power it would only do mid 60's. It looked ok but I saw yOu were comparing it to a sunsation. Well it's no sunsation. I know the will hit 80 with a pair of 496's plus look beautiful doing it. The advantage looks dated in comparison.
As far as stress cracks. Advantage makes a good boat so I don't think that will be a problem, but it is fiberglass so it can happen to the best.

Last edited by GTOFFSHORE; 12-31-2011 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Didn't finish
Old 12-31-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Scarab29
I am looking for a 32 mcob and found a Advantage I like. i started another thread(advantage vs Sunsation) and alot of guys are saying tha advantage is the perfect havasu boat. If I run this boat in the salt am I going end up with a bunch of stress cracks ? .. I guess my question is how well are they built ? Also it has no trim tabs, If I need them what would they cost to have added ? ..Thanks Happy New Year
For a pair of tabs will run you any where from $ 2k-2.5k used, to $5k new, plus install. Again, depends on what kinda of water you will be boating in, if you are in a constant 2-3ft and bigger, any boat can get stress cracks. I've seen the same boat, made in different years have many, vs the other having just 2. Just depends, the bigger the water the more likely to get stress cracks in any boat, they are gonna flex. The Advantage is a 23 degree dead rise, vs a deep V of 24. That one degree does make a difference in big water, especially at speed. If you are in a lake or river that is in relatively in 1-2ft range I wouldn't sweat it at all.