Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a good price. Cut the check!
Old 06-19-2002, 09:11 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Done Deal, $37,500.

Found a small ding on the hood that they have to fix and should pick it up Friday. Drove it again today for about 30 miles and I like it better every time I get in it.

A good friend rode with me today that has a 2000 GMC 3500 4 x 4 with a 454 and he was blown away. Is exact words were "This is the baddest truck I have been in, it rides so much better than mine that you cannot compare the two". He was going to trade his truck for a new Yukon XL, but i think he is changing his mind.

Wild, I hear you on the steering wheel squeak. My Excursion does exactly the same thing when you are stopped and make a turn. Probably does it all the time and just cannot hear it.

I will post a picture when I pick it up.

Mike Nichols, man you had better get over there and pick up the white one we talked about. There were two people all over it today.

Thanks for the input all.
Old 06-20-2002, 12:21 AM
WarParty41

Baja Boss

You got a good deal if you bought it for $37,500. I am a wholesale buyer and I checked the price of this truck loaded up with all the goodies. I may be off a few dollars if you didn't get all the equipment, but the truck that I built Listed for $46010. I don't pay for National or Regional Advertising, Dealer Holdback or Finance Reserve. My invoice price on my loaded up spec truck is $37,972. If you did pay $37,500 then the dealer is getting some money back from the manufacturer. We are coming up on July and the plants are switching over to 2003 models. When dealers have stock left over in their inventories 10 months into the model year, they want to unload it. This is where the factory money plays into it. Enjoy the truck, you got a deal. By the way, I've been in this business for 29 years. YOU COULD NOT BUY THIS TRUCK FOR $32K OR $33K. As I stated....my cost is $37k and change.

Old 06-20-2002, 12:37 AM
WarParty41

One more thing.......

Dealers selling new cars and trucks don't get rich on what they make up front on a vehicle. They make very little profit on the actual sale, unless they get an uneducated buyer. They make their big money on selling Extended Warranties, Life, Accident & Health Insurance, they make a ton of money if they finance it and don't forget the extra's that you want to threw on your new vehicle. All this profit is called "Backend Money." Also, when you're in for service at $80.00 an hour, it adds up. Another great profit center is their used inventory. There's a lot more money made on selling used cars and trucks then on new. As I said in an earlier post, I've been doing this for quite a number of years and I'm being straight with you when I tell you this info.

Old 06-20-2002, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

What Warparty 41 is saying is the absolute truth. That Dept. is called the F&I dept. (finance and insurance). Up front dept. that made the most amount of money for the dealers was the f&I and used dept. I grossed over 1million dollars for my dealer 6 years in a row and made great coin in doing it, selling Rustproofing, alarms, financing, credit life and disability and ext. warranties. BUY THE TRUCK, and good luck to you
Old 06-20-2002, 09:06 AM
badboats30

Must be nice..all my wife says is NO

Old 06-20-2002, 09:31 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Warparty41,

I have found over the years that the small town dealers are the way to go. I have a good relationship established with three differeent dealers and pretty well get the best deal up front with a single phone call. The big town dealers have too large a market and reley on those uneducated buyers you refer to.

I did go with a slightly different truck due to color. The one I first looked at was black and I decided not to do black again and went with red. The red one did not have heated captains chairs, electric foot peddles or the back up sensor. All other equipment was the same except color.

This is what I got.

2002 Ford PSD 4 x 4 Crew Cab
DRW, 4.10 gear,
leather, Lariat Trim, Red Clearcoat, Med Parchment Leather
A/C - CFC Free
Premium AM/FM Cassette/CD/Clock
Advanced Security Group, Auto Lamps/Lights
Remote Keyless Entry
Polished Alum Wheels (4)
7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Elect 4-Speed Auto Trans
LT235/85Rx16 BSW All Season Tires
4.10 Ratio Limited Slip
Front License Plate Bracket
Cab Steps/Chrome Tubular
11,500# GVWR Package
Engine Block Heater
Spare Tire & Wheel
Camper Package
Telescoping TT Morrors/Power
Off-Road Package
Trailer Hitch Receiver
Cannot convert it to Ambulance Package - No Extra Charge

List $ 42,770.00 + Delivery $ 740.00

Total List $ 43,510.00

Invoice $ 38,280.80
Dealer Hold Back $ 1285.00
Plan A $36,577.80

My total with sales tax and 20,000 lb tag is $ 38,748.00

This is one bad ass truck. Thanks for eveyones input.

Mark
Old 06-20-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Post a picture. That thing sounds awesome. Although I am partial, my truck is red as well.
Old 06-20-2002, 11:03 AM
WarParty41

Baja.......

I built your truck with the specs that you listed and I came up with the same List Price of $43,510 which includes Freight.

My cost on this truck is exactly $36,174. I do not pay Holdback, National & Regional Advertising and Finance Reserve.

Dealers do have to pay the Advertising and they are entitled to their holdback and finance reserve.

All this said, Regular Dealer Invoice is $38,074 for your truck. It is fair to say that a salesman selling this truck should add at least $500 to $1000 over Regular Dealer Invoice. A saleman gets paid his commission on anything above Regular Dealer Invoice. They do not get a cut of the Holdback.

Remember one thing, Everybody has to eat and the salesman is entitled to his commission. A dealer having $38,000 invested in a truck and only making $500 is crazy. My friend who owns a water sports shop who sells Yamaha, Sea Doo and Kawasaki Jet skis makes $1500 on a $7300 investment. Granted, they don't sell as many trucks as a dealer, but still where would you want your money invested. Think of the overhead.

Old 06-20-2002, 11:58 AM
JAX25OUTLAW

Baja Boss, I remember the pic you posted of the new boat and It is going to look amazing behind that big red beast of a truck. Do you trailer the boat much???? What a combo going down the road. Someday, I guess I need to get a second job!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Price on new Ford F-350?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.