Old 01-06-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well this is going the wrong way
Old 01-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes280
with a attitude like you have Steve should have hung up on you , because you aren't worth his or my time . As to the reference to my wife , i will consider the source and over look it , again you aren't worth my time.
mike i was just F-ing with you man didn't mean to piss you off my bad bro. you know im not a dick, any way how are things going over there on the lake? we will be heading back this summer you know were going to go raise some hellaround there.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

excepted , i was just trying to make a point as to how much these boat builders resent anyone trying to copy or in the boat business the word is splash a boat . Steve had this done more then once , hell a Canadian boat builder copied the whole bottom in to their whole line of boats . Most any builder really take offence to some other builder doing this.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ridefast77
i was just BSing about setting up my hull moving the x up and i was telling him how i was putting a pad on my boat, and asking him what he thought about it cause i know there hulls come with pads. And just asked if he would mind shooting me a pic of the bottom of one of his boats and he got defencive and said yes he minded and he has sued peaple and collected from people coping his hull. i was like "really" like im going to copy your hull, im just trying to get an idea of what it looked like just somthing to go by. Its not like im going to try to start a new boat company or somthing so i was like ok what ever guess ill have to goggle a pic O well. i know you Velocity would beat me up lol its all good maybe he was just having a bad day.

A pad is not something that you just "put" on the bottom of a boat. It took Steve years of fine tuning and expertise to get right. If you want to see what a pad bottom boat rides like, come down to Naples and I'll take you on a ride in StillCrazy. Then you can understand how ridiculous of a question you asked, realize that if you want to go fast you should own a Velocity and not try to copy one, then call Steve back up and apologize and beg him to build you one

Steve, Kim, Kenny and Mike at Velocity are the best.

-Jordan
Old 01-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by StillCrazy J&M
A pad is not something that you just "put" on the bottom of a boat. It took Steve years of fine tuning and expertise to get right. If you want to see what a pad bottom boat rides like, come down to Naples and I'll take you on a ride in StillCrazy. Then you can understand how ridiculous of a question you asked, realize that if you want to go fast you should own a Velocity and not try to copy one, then call Steve back up and apologize and beg him to build you one

Steve, Kim, Kenny and Mike at Velocity are the best.

-Jordan
X2 Bob
Old 01-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Everbody at Velocity have always been respectful, helpful and great to talk with. Steve and Kenny most of all.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default O well

i guess im the a**. I just trying to do something myself, i know i would get hell for this post but i guess sometimes you have to stir the pot no offence or disrespect to anyone. And im sure steve is a great guy im over it, its not a big deal any way.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Wink

I absolutely concur that Steve at Velocity is a genuine gentlemen. Whenever I have approached him with questions or information.
I think its important for OSO boaters and others to understand and be sensitive a little to the fact that most boat builders and other vendors in the performance boating industry are a little stressed sometimes in todays boating eniroment just trying to keep their business viable and moving forward.
Sometimes a call with questions about proprietery information will garner a short justified response, but it is also sometimes because experts like Steve know its also not reasonable to try to put a pad on a boat that was never initially designed with one.
You described the call as a sorts BS session and thats kinda what it ended up -stupid questions can sometimes solicit savory responses.
Hope you get your hulls to perform as well as they were designed to do and if not still satisfied I hope you will be a new buyer of a higher performance design hull.
Be safe, have fun and enjoy your boating.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Last edited by Raylar; 01-08-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikes280
excepted , i was just trying to make a point as to how much these boat builders resent anyone trying to copy or in the boat business the word is splash a boat . Steve had this done more then once , hell a Canadian boat builder copied the whole bottom in to their whole line of boats . Most any builder really take offence to some other builder doing this.
Mike was that Champion or Campion?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Raylar
I absolutely concur that Steve at Velocity is a geneuine gentlemen whenever I have approached him with questions or information.
I think its important for OSO boaters and others to understand and be sensitive a little to the fact that most boat builders and other vendors in the performance boating industry are a little stressed sometimes in todays boating eniroment just trying to keep their business viable and moving forward.
Sometimes a call with questions about proprietery information will garner a short justified response, but it is also sometimes because experts like Steve know its also not reasonable to try to put a pad on a boat that was never initially designed with one.
You described the call as a sorts BS session and thats kinda what it ended up -stupid questions can sometimes solicit savory responses.
Hope you get your hulls to perform as well as they were designed to do and if not still satisfied I hope you will be a new buyer of a higher performance design hull.
Be safe, have fun and enjoy your boating.

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

I second that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.