Slide Anchor Boarding Platform >

Slide Anchor Boarding Platform

Notices

Slide Anchor Boarding Platform

Old 01-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slide Anchor Boarding Platform

Any one have experience with this product? I'm nervous about the post against the side of the boat, if I slip and land with my weight on the platform would it create hairline cracks on the side of the boat?

http://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_ShopI...E-E61DB390DE29
Old 01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bert4332
Any one have experience with this product? I'm nervous about the post against the side of the boat, if I slip and land with my weight on the platform would it create hairline cracks on the side of the boat?

http://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_ShopI...E-E61DB390DE29
Im curious as well and am going to give it a try.
Im not concerned about the hull. Its stout as hell.

UD
Old 01-06-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

One of the big reasons the boat is for sale is the spouse hates the swim ladder. Talked to Aqua Performance and the 3 step will hit the K-planes even when all the way down. Dave let me know how that works out, you'll have it on your boat before the weather breaks in Annapolis.

She also hates the sound, so I'm looking into down turned under the water exhaust tips. I love the boat too much not to find solutions.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Registered

One of the big reasons the boat is for sale is the spouse hates the swim ladder. Talked to Aqua Performance and the 3 step will hit the K-planes even when all the way down. Dave let me know how that works out, you'll have it on your boat before the weather breaks in Annapolis.

She also hates the sound, so I'm looking into down turned under the water exhaust tips. I love the boat too much not to find solutions.
This company builds good products.

Other than the scratch you can stand on the K-plane itll be fine I wouldnt jump up an ddown on the end of theose loong puppies you have but getting in and out - it will be fine.

I need a new shore spike anyway, so I might as well try this thing.

BTW I have two of this companies other products a "box anchor" its pretty awesome.

As for the sound you could put mufflers on it, or "donkey dick" the pipes to be under water when Idling.
Put too much backpressure in it though and you lose MPH Imco Gatlins are pretty cool looking. Ive got Zoomers.

Will report.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 01-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Have you looked into getting a new spouse? It might be easier. Just kidding, good luck with your problem. Happy New Year
Old 01-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd tell her to stay home.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TBAG
I'd tell her to stay home.
That makes 2 of us.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

I have the large box anchor for this one and had the small one for my PQ260. The large one is heavy b*tch to bring up especially when mud caught on the inside. Both work well.

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
This company builds good products.

Other than the scratch you can stand on the K-plane itll be fine I wouldnt jump up an ddown on the end of theose loong puppies you have but getting in and out - it will be fine.

I need a new shore spike anyway, so I might as well try this thing.

BTW I have two of this companies other products a "box anchor" its pretty awesome.

As for the sound you could put mufflers on it, or "donkey dick" the pipes to be under water when Idling.
Put too much backpressure in it though and you lose MPH Imco Gatlins are pretty cool looking. Ive got Zoomers.

Will report.

UD
Old 01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

I had a similar issue. My transom is pretty busy....Narrow beam, extension box, and 380 k-planes. I usually have kids on board getting in and out of the boat.

This is what I came up with. It may look ghetto, but it beats a trip to the emergency room. I put the fender behind the ladder so that the feet do not contact the side of the boat. The fender absorbs all the pressure.
Attached Thumbnails Slide Anchor Boarding Platform-ladder.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
I had a similar issue. My transom is pretty busy....Narrow beam, extension box, and 380 k-planes. I usually have kids on board getting in and out of the boat.

This is what I came up with. It may look ghetto, but it beats a trip to the emergency room. I put the fender behind the ladder so that the feet do not contact the side of the boat. The fender absorbs all the pressure.
Looks like a workable solution for about 45 dollars. (pretty clever actually)

You are right about "ghetto" though.

Uncle Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.