Like Tree0Likes

Slide Anchor Boarding Platform

Reply
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
My Boats: PQ 260/Laveycreft 29MCOB/ Now Boatless :-(
Posts: 1,087
Default Slide Anchor Boarding Platform

Any one have experience with this product? I'm nervous about the post against the side of the boat, if I slip and land with my weight on the platform would it create hairline cracks on the side of the boat?



http://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_ShopI...E-E61DB390DE29
bert4332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:57 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert4332 View Post
Any one have experience with this product? I'm nervous about the post against the side of the boat, if I slip and land with my weight on the platform would it create hairline cracks on the side of the boat?



http://www.slideanchor.com/Hlm_ShopI...E-E61DB390DE29
Im curious as well and am going to give it a try.
Im not concerned about the hull. Its stout as hell.

UD
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:18 PM
  #3
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
My Boats: PQ 260/Laveycreft 29MCOB/ Now Boatless :-(
Posts: 1,087
Default

One of the big reasons the boat is for sale is the spouse hates the swim ladder. Talked to Aqua Performance and the 3 step will hit the K-planes even when all the way down. Dave let me know how that works out, you'll have it on your boat before the weather breaks in Annapolis.

She also hates the sound, so I'm looking into down turned under the water exhaust tips. I love the boat too much not to find solutions.
bert4332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:24 PM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert4332 View Post
One of the big reasons the boat is for sale is the spouse hates the swim ladder. Talked to Aqua Performance and the 3 step will hit the K-planes even when all the way down. Dave let me know how that works out, you'll have it on your boat before the weather breaks in Annapolis.

She also hates the sound, so I'm looking into down turned under the water exhaust tips. I love the boat too much not to find solutions.
This company builds good products.

Other than the scratch you can stand on the K-plane itll be fine I wouldnt jump up an ddown on the end of theose loong puppies you have but getting in and out - it will be fine.

I need a new shore spike anyway, so I might as well try this thing.

BTW I have two of this companies other products a "box anchor" its pretty awesome.

As for the sound you could put mufflers on it, or "donkey dick" the pipes to be under water when Idling.
Put too much backpressure in it though and you lose MPH Imco Gatlins are pretty cool looking. Ive got Zoomers.

Will report.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 01-06-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:48 PM
  #5
Registered
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
My Boats: 1998 Scarab
Posts: 870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert4332 View Post
One of the big reasons the boat is for sale is the spouse hates the swim ladder. Talked to Aqua Performance and the 3 step will hit the K-planes even when all the way down. Dave let me know how that works out, you'll have it on your boat before the weather breaks in Annapolis.

She also hates the sound, so I'm looking into down turned under the water exhaust tips. I love the boat too much not to find solutions.
Have you looked into getting a new spouse? It might be easier. Just kidding, good luck with your problem. Happy New Year
frankenstein is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 PM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lexington, KY
My Boats: 24' Baja
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert4332 View Post
One of the big reasons the boat is for sale is the spouse hates the swim ladder. Talked to Aqua Performance and the 3 step will hit the K-planes even when all the way down. Dave let me know how that works out, you'll have it on your boat before the weather breaks in Annapolis.

She also hates the sound, so I'm looking into down turned under the water exhaust tips. I love the boat too much not to find solutions.
I'd tell her to stay home.
TBAG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:52 AM
  #7
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 683
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBAG View Post
I'd tell her to stay home.
That makes 2 of us.
Enough 4 Play is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:13 AM
  #8
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Lake Dallas, TX
My Boats: PQ 260/Laveycreft 29MCOB/ Now Boatless :-(
Posts: 1,087
Default

I have the large box anchor for this one and had the small one for my PQ260. The large one is heavy b*tch to bring up especially when mud caught on the inside. Both work well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dave View Post
This company builds good products.

Other than the scratch you can stand on the K-plane itll be fine I wouldnt jump up an ddown on the end of theose loong puppies you have but getting in and out - it will be fine.

I need a new shore spike anyway, so I might as well try this thing.

BTW I have two of this companies other products a "box anchor" its pretty awesome.

As for the sound you could put mufflers on it, or "donkey dick" the pipes to be under water when Idling.
Put too much backpressure in it though and you lose MPH Imco Gatlins are pretty cool looking. Ive got Zoomers.

Will report.

UD
bert4332 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:26 PM
  #9
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: LaPlata, MD, USA
My Boats: 2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados
Posts: 5,221
Default

I had a similar issue. My transom is pretty busy....Narrow beam, extension box, and 380 k-planes. I usually have kids on board getting in and out of the boat.

This is what I came up with. It may look ghetto, but it beats a trip to the emergency room. I put the fender behind the ladder so that the feet do not contact the side of the boat. The fender absorbs all the pressure.
Attached Thumbnails
Slide Anchor Boarding Platform-ladder.jpg  
Dave M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:00 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,791
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
I had a similar issue. My transom is pretty busy....Narrow beam, extension box, and 380 k-planes. I usually have kids on board getting in and out of the boat.

This is what I came up with. It may look ghetto, but it beats a trip to the emergency room. I put the fender behind the ladder so that the feet do not contact the side of the boat. The fender absorbs all the pressure.
Looks like a workable solution for about 45 dollars. (pretty clever actually)

You are right about "ghetto" though.

Uncle Dave
Uncle Dave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.