Shogren selling salvaged boat >

Shogren selling salvaged boat

Notices

Shogren selling salvaged boat

Old 01-07-2012, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogren selling salvaged boat

Shogren is reselling the boat he sold me, 2003 Fountain 38 EC twin 500 EFI's and I had to get rid of it. This boat was sold and used in saltwater for a year when new. I was told by my insurance company that It was smashed in hurricane Ivan and the insurance completely totalled it. It was declared salvaged at that time. I ended up with it and while owning it, it half sunk at the dock . The engines and generator, etc were all underwater. A surveyor and local dealer also thought the hull was cracked. Beware unless you get the history from Shogren since I did not. Feel free to contact me for any history I know.. It's a shame that a dealer who is well aware of all these problems are allegedly hiding them yet again. GET A SURVEY on this one !!!!

Last edited by dodgeman111; 01-07-2012 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeman111
..... It's a shame that a dealer who is well aware of all these problems are allegedly hiding them yet again!!

What makes you think they are hiding the history?
Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
What makes you think they are hiding the history?
I figure since they're selling it for 10,000 more than what I paid for it and they said it was one owner fresh water. A boat that has been salvaged wouldn't get near that. We'll see
Old 01-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, it does cost money to clean one up that sunk.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Dodgeman111 - when did you and Scott undo the deal? I read the ad
twice and looked at all the pictures. The boat looks all cleaned up
and has some cosmetic changes. Did the engines get damaged when
it sunk in your slip? No where does it say one owner fresh water only.
Were you made whole in this ordeal? I hope you can get another
big boat and have fun in 2012.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 38EC Owned By Bank Not Shogren Performance Marine

OSO Members,

We are hiding absolutely nothing and we have even shared with consumers the pictures of Mr Chad Davis boat when he drove on rocks at LOTO and pictures Mr Davis sent us when his bellows melted and he partially sunk boat at LOTO (2 different incidents). We were asked to REPO the boat a few weeks back which we did for the bank with the assistance of a reputable dealer at LOTO. We are un-aawre to this day and so is the previous owner (prior to Mr Davis) who is on this board of the boat ever being salvaged. We have asked for proof of this after claims by Mr Davis and have yet to see any. Mr Davis stirred up quite the thread over this once before and we went as far to tell Mr Davis we would buy the boat back on a public forum because some members suggested it. What we would not agree to is buying it back for more than he paid for it (negative equity). We do not want our business to be dragged thru the dirt over this. We have an open door policy on all our boats and you can survey them mechanically or structurally at anytime. This customer has made many attempts to threaten me and my company with lawyers, BS text, nasty emails and ask us to write up a fraudulent insurance claim, etc. We do the best we can everyday in a tough industry and have NEVER hidden anything we know about a boat that we have sold. Is it possible that a consumer has traded a boat in from time to time and not told us everything about the boat, of course it is but that is not the majority but rather the minority of customers. Mr Davis, I am sure you are upset you lost your boat but trying to stir up negative threads to try and drag someone or a business thru the dirt because you lost your boat and the bank asked us to get it and sell it for them is pretty low at best. We did not drive it on the rocks nor did we melt the bellow or keep driving the boat until it partially sunk.

Best Regards,

Scott Shogren
www.teamshogren.com[/QUOTE]
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

OK both sides in the story have posted this is the last thread about this.

See forum rules.