Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   powerplay marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/268374-powerplay-marine.html)

Bosco 01-07-2012 10:47 AM

powerplay marine

my opinion the best crew of boat builders at there time!
where are they now? poppi, medina, carlos, chickenhead, kevin, billy, mike, hal, gar, jeff, carmin, little kevin, koss, rusty, joe, bad bob, screwey loui, jimmy, louis, jeff mc., bill sr., ken, brian, joey e., chubby, etc.
How many of us are still in the marine industry? i am.

ron mclean 01-10-2012 08:37 PM

Hey dude you forgot me.

[QUOTE=Bosco;3587755]my opinion the best crew of boat builders at there time!
where are they now? poppi, medina, carlos, chickenhead, kevin, billy, mike, hal, gar, jeff, carmin, little kevin, koss, rusty, joe, bad bob, screwey loui, jimmy, louis, jeff mc., bill sr., ken, brian, joey e., chubby, etc.
How many of us are still in the marine industry? i am.[/.

Is this the famous John boscorino. I opened my own high performance shop 3 years ago. We lost touch after the crew split up. Give me a call sometime to catch up. 954-383-9335. Ron McLean

buck183 01-10-2012 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bosco (Post 3587755)

Chicken head walked up to me making conversation about nine years ago on the shore of Beaver Lake in Rogers, Arkansas. I thought he was full of crap telling me about having worked for Powerplay and built boats for them. Man was I surprised when I later verified his story on here.

Never saw him again.

Buck.

Keytime 01-11-2012 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by buck183 (Post 3590685)
Chicken head walked up to me making conversation about nine years ago on the shore of Beaver Lake in Rogers, Arkansas. I thought he was full of crap telling me about having worked for Powerplay and built boats for them. Man was I surprised when I later verified his story on here.

Never saw him again.

Buck.

Buck, just curious... what were you drinking or... er... smoking that day? Are you sure you didn't imagine that?? :bong:

:drink:

Bosco 01-11-2012 08:03 AM

Buck,
yeah, he worked there for quite a while and was a very meticulous rigger. Extremely talented individual!

Ron, it's me I will call you today. Great to hear from some of you! How about the rest?

maverick 01-11-2012 09:35 AM

Moved from Ft Worth in 07 and still in Colorado building hot rods and a few SEMA cars. Still going to the Miami Boat shows though. What are you up to? Same Texas cell #.

ActiveThunder 01-11-2012 12:02 PM

Damn, Chickenhead. I forgot about him. Still see McNally on a regular basis. He's installing electronics on the big boats now. Koss stopped by a month ago. Joey did some airbrushing for me a coupla months back.

ActiveThunder 01-11-2012 12:03 PM

[QUOTE=ron mclean;3590630]

How many of us are still in the marine industry? i am.[/.

Is this the famous John boscorino. I opened my own high performance shop 3 years ago. We lost touch after the crew split up. Give me a call sometime to catch up. 954-383-9335. Ron McLean

Whoops, almost forgot about Ron! Diane sends her love! :kiss:

JUPITER PULSARE 01-11-2012 12:50 PM

Yeah...we also had a great crew at Active Thunder back in the day...we even had a few recruts from Powerplay and Sonic!! There was a bunch of overlapping talent between the S. Florida boat builders..