Notices

353 Formula Fastech

Old 01-12-2012, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Yes overall formula is doing better BUT only because of its cruiser side of the business. The fas tech line is just as bad as any other production boat. Plus they are way over priced in todays economy. Especially when you can get way more for your money in a larger faster used boat. Un fortunately the fas tech line is outdated....and I bet money formula continues not to update it.
Hey Offshore,

I am really sorry you are so offended by my comment. I realize it was a pretty strong statement to make, but I am obviously a loyal, devoted, and very satisfied Formula customer.

Quite frankly, I see nothing positive or anything necessarily factual about Formula in your above post. All points that you posted are merely a matter of your personal opinion which you are entitled to have and to express freely. You are obviously not a Formula fan, and that's really OK.

"Formula is doing better but only because of the Cruiser side ..."

And this diversity and depth that Formula has is bad why?

"The Fastech line is just as bad as any other production boat ..."

Really?

"They are way overpriced ..."

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

"You can get way more for your money in a larger faster used boat ..."

Now I would have to agree this statement is partly correct. All three of the Formulas I have previously or currently own were used. Two were purchased from private owners, only one brokered thru a Formula dealer. Even though I have never purchased a new boat from them, Formula still is very happy to help me out with incredible customer support.

"Unfortunately the Fastech line is outdated ..."

And your 2001 [generic boat] is not?

"I bet money Formula continues not to update it ..."

Insert photos of the new Ilmor 382 and toss in one of the Ilmor 400 SS that runs over 70 mph for the heck of it.

Honestly, when you look back at your post you have to admit that you expressed some really stong negative opinions and comments about Formula directly and therefore indirectly about my Fastech, too. My comment really wasn't about your Baja per se. I really don't care what brand of boat(s) you have, how much they cost (new or used), how much we make or don't make. I was just callin you out on it, brother. Don't you have anything even remotely positive to say about Formula or Fastech ...?

If I ever make it to Traverse City, I would really enjoy a ride on whatever boat you have. If you make it out to Vegas, PM me in advance and would be more than happy to take you out on my Formula. With some good times boating and a few drinks after, maybe I could change your opinion and lessen your negativity ...
Old 01-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

IF I wanted to Bash formula, I could bring up the thread where the 382 hull and deck separate???

I could talk about how the cabin door was jammed on a brand new 353 sport I looked at in shipyard marine.

How all the torx screws in the carbon fiber dash were crooked on that boat and my friends formula??

I could call them JUNK overrated boats!

But I did not. I also never personally attacked anyone on here like multiple of you have.

(that was just examples!!!) In no way trying to offend.

But just showing a point.

You guys are out of control, and when people on forums assume tone, and take everything personal and out of context, it just ruins the fun for everyone.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Registered

RedDog382

Glad you are loyal

I never said the diversity was bad, but the truth. Please dont assume. That statement could have been taken positive, like I was happy for the diversity, not taken negative like I was talking bad about it.

The Fastech line really is doing bad

Formula is outdated, my boat is not currently sold, Baja updated it with a 35 outlaw. So Baja did update. (no negative tone here BTW)

Installing different engines is not "updating a boat". Its really cool and I am a big fan, but the part that formula makes is not updated. Anyone can bolt on parts that other companies update.

I was not originally trying to be negative, even though C spray first brought up how Baja, fountain, donzi, were doing worse than formula......yeah thats true, but only because "investment companies" used those boat companies just to make profit on them. Its sad, but if you research it there are "investment" companies all over the country who specialize in buying and selling businesses.....

I have nothing against formula boats, I ride on my friends all the time. I tie up with many all the time.

IF everyone would read these threads and pretend we were all tied up on a sandbar, the "TONE" would not get taken out of context. We would give each other a hard time and have fun! Maybe I would give you chit about needing a windshield over a race fairing! And you would give me crap about having the "bayliner" of powerboats, and we would all laugh!

I really wish OSO could be more like the local sandbar......

Thats how I use it, and if I said exactly what I wrote no one would be mad, we would just conversate and enjoy the sun!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Registered

The Fastech line really is doing bad
And so is the economy, but that's really not Formula's fault.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Hey Offshore,

I am really sorry you are so offended by my comment. I realize it was a pretty strong statement to make, but I am obviously a loyal, devoted, and very satisfied Formula customer.

Quite frankly, I see nothing positive or anything necessarily factual about Formula in your above post. All points that you posted are merely a matter of your personal opinion which you are entitled to have and to express freely. You are obviously not a Formula fan, and that's really OK.

"Formula is doing better but only because of the Cruiser side ..."

And this diversity and depth that Formula has is bad why?

"The Fastech line is just as bad as any other production boat ..."

Really?

"They are way overpriced ..."

Sometimes you get what you pay for.

"You can get way more for your money in a larger faster used boat ..."

Now I would have to agree this statement is partly correct. All three of the Formulas I have previously or currently own were used. Two were purchased from private owners, only one brokered thru a Formula dealer. Even though I have never purchased a new boat from them, Formula still is very happy to help me out with incredible customer support.

"Unfortunately the Fastech line is outdated ..."

And your 2001 [generic boat] is not?

"I bet money Formula continues not to update it ..."

Insert photos of the new Ilmor 382 and toss in one of the Ilmor 400 SS that runs over 70 mph for the heck of it.

Honestly, when you look back at your post you have to admit that you expressed some really stong negative opinions and comments about Formula directly and therefore indirectly about my Fastech, too. My comment really wasn't about your Baja per se. I really don't care what brand of boat(s) you have, how much they cost (new or used), how much we make or don't make. I was just callin you out on it, brother. Don't you have anything even remotely positive to say about Formula or Fastech ...?

If I ever make it to Traverse City, I would really enjoy a ride on whatever boat you have. If you make it out to Vegas, PM me in advance and would be more than happy to take you out on my Formula. With some good times boating and a few drinks after, maybe I could change your opinion and lessen your negativity ...
Hey! Don't be bashing Baja's now Chris!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Registered

IF everyone would read these threads and pretend we were all tied up on a sandbar, the "TONE" would not get taken out of context. We would give each other a hard time and have fun! Maybe I would give you chit about needing a windshield over a race fairing!
The fairing from my Poker Run Special is stored in my building and not for sale in the event I want to put it back on the boat as it came from the factory. So feel free to give me crap about it ... you would not be the first!

So are we cool now ...?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Old 01-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Hey! Don't be bashing Baja's now Chris!
Hey Al, weren't you looking at Formulas recently ...? And you got married and changed your phone number without calling me. Dude, are you OK?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey Al, weren't you looking at Formulas recently ...?
Yes, and despite them being over priced and out of date, I'd still love to have a 382 Fastech (or Dan's 400SS)!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

And so is the economy, but that's really not Formula's fault.
After all the nice stuff I wrote you come back with this?

What tone should I take that in?

I thought we were good!

Obviously the economy is bad.

But there are ways to overcome it. Shogren is. They had a record year.

Plus many other boat manufactures are selling more boats then Fastech line. So how else can I tell the truth about the fastech line without someone arguing it????? :evilb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.