Notices

Sonic

Old 01-10-2012, 12:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sonic on e-Bay

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Just saw the new listing last auction was 300 no res. now it's 2700 plus. He is smoking the funny green while washin it down with extra strong kook-aid
If you go on SONICS website http://www.sonicusaboats.com/shop/su.../force-45.html
you will see the 45 supercruiser. She carried triple 900 whipple charged Teague Custom marine engines. She went to Lake X9 aka panama city, she topped out at 104mph. Coyote built a fast boat and thats where Sonics came from. When JAy Ross built that and other boats, there was so much weight in the front end that it changed the CG in the boat and made it nose heavy. This is why Sonics can't fly with the eagles. After refitting two different Sonics ( 38 & 42) with Konrad drive systems,twin setup then you could get the nose out of the water but lost top end spped due to the drives. This is why I call them junk And they all run the same
Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 AM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
If you go on SONICS website http://www.sonicusaboats.com/shop/su.../force-45.html
you will see the 45 supercruiser. She carried triple 900 whipple charged Teague Custom marine engines. She went to Lake X9 aka panama city, she topped out at 104mph. Coyote built a fast boat and thats where Sonics came from. When JAy Ross built that and other boats, there was so much weight in the front end that it changed the CG in the boat and made it nose heavy. This is why Sonics can't fly with the eagles. After refitting two different Sonics ( 38 & 42) with Konrad drive systems,twin setup then you could get the nose out of the water but lost top end spped due to the drives. This is why I call them junk And they all run the same
Really.... My 45 carries the bow really well, extremely well, even with the drives tucked all the way in and she runs great. The ammenties are very nice also. If I wanted to run well into the 100mph range, I would have bought an OL or a Nortech- both fine boats. I bought Sonic because of the ammentites, head room and the rough water capabilities. Sonic Makes a great boat, always has, except for the R.H years.

What brand and size of non Junk boat do you own ?

The Sonic that started this thread is a disgrace to the brand, both in current condition, outfit and rediculous claims.

If you put tripple 900's in a 47 Apache and it ran similar numbers, by your statement and analogy, it would be junk too ? Similar size boat, same power they would run about the same.

Last edited by 45Tripps; 01-10-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
Really.... My 45 carries the bow really well, extremely well, even with the drives tucked all the way in and she runs great. The ammenties are very nice also. If I wanted to run well into the 100mph range, I would have bought an OL or a Nortech- both fine boats. I bought Sonic because of the ammentites, head room and the rough water capabilities. Sonic Makes a great boat, always has, except for the R.H years.

What brand and size of non Junk boat do you own ?

The Sonic that started this thread is a disgrace to the brand, both in current condition, outfit and rediculous claims.

If you put tripple 900's in a 47 Apache and it ran similar numbers, by your statement and analogy, it would be junk too ? Similar size boat, same power they would run about the same.

Man Tripps, your taking a beating on the boards lately! Hahaha, but your doing a hell of a job holding up the fort. Ive always liked Sonics because of the room myself. Yours is really nice, dont give up the fight!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Registered

I have the same boat (1985) with warmed up 540's and TRS drives. Great Boat. According to the EBAY ad all I have to do is switch to arnesons to go 126, right.

But Sonics are good boats dammit. This one on ebay is not representative. My boat is still solid, runs great and handles well.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Man Tripps, your taking a beating on the boards lately! Hahaha, but your doing a hell of a job holding up the fort. Ive always liked Sonics because of the room myself. Yours is really nice, dont give up the fight!
Thanks. Wouldnt call it a beating, just disagreements and opinionated individuals. I think we all hold our brands to high standards.

Good that we all can agree to disagree and to choose what we want.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 791 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by 45Tripps
Thanks. Wouldnt call it a beating, just disagreements and opinionated individuals. I think we all hold our brands to high standards.

Good that we all can agree to disagree and to choose what we want.
i put a beating on tripps in the 353 thread. sorry buddy!!! didnt mean any harm by it...you are right tho, we all have our brand loyalty. some more than others. unfortunatly some narrow minded members here let it get the best of them...you seem to be like me, i will stick up for the company but dont let it bother me too much. kudos.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks SunChaser now I know why my boat is such an ill handling POS.........Also see avitar
Attached Thumbnails Sonic-boatresize.jpg  
Old 01-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sonic30ss
Thanks SunChaser now I know why my boat is such an ill handling POS.........Also see avitar
LOL......