Notices

Upgrade Reasoning

Old 01-09-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
If I`m paying the bills I`m making the decisions.

NEXT!
I agree if your spouse doesnt work. But if she does then its a joint decision. Either way does your boat need money thrown into it or does your house, retirement accounts etc. Its all relative, but do a cost anaylsis sometimes cheaper and easier to buy new.

Last edited by soldier4402; 01-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ziemer
I was able to convince mine that we needed the additional room. With 2 kids and the occasional couple as passengers the Pantera wasn't quite cutting it.
+1. It is hard to argue with spending quality time with the family. You need to go bigger for the safety of the family and you need to refresh the power for reliability and ultimately the safety of the family.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My reasoning for going bigger was that my GF has back problems and she was hesitant about going out in the 22 ft Crownline. I convinced her that we could go as fast as we wanted in the 32 Victory and it wouldn't beat her up. Best move I've made in years.... She was skeptical until her first ride, now she LOVES the boat!

BTW, yes It's my money, but I tend to be like Ray and keep her happy.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Space was my best arguement, hence the MCOB. It only took one ride on a my friends wakeboard boat on 2ft chop day for her to hop back on ours as quick as she could. She appreciated much more after that.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't know. My wife keeps pushing me to get bigger and better boats.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Usually if the upgrade includes a smoother ride, and better toilet facilities, most wifes are on-board.
This almost always works...Our next one HAS to have a shower (or so I'm told) That puts us in a small group of boats that will still run 80

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Mine is the same way. Boating is probably the single activity that both of us equally enjoy.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
You know Andrea is the same way!

I have to figure out how to keep my boat and afford a 40SS with diesels and Arnesons! Then we could cruise the Islands!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

You have to preach safety. Bigger is safer, more room, a real toilet will help as well. Both of my motors are getting rebuilt right now which my wife isn't to thrilled about and then I just spent 4 grand on new hydraulic steering. The steering went over no problem because I explained to her how much safer it was and we boat with our young children.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I've never asked. My wife has not seen our last 2 boats until they were in the driveway.
With the rough water at LOTO on the weekends that just keeps getting rougher every year, she is always ready to get a bigger boat.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I've never asked. My wife has not seen our last 2 boats until they were in the driveway.
With the rough water at LOTO on the weekends that just keeps getting rougher every year, she is always ready to get a bigger boat.
My wife insisted on going on the sea trial. She wanted to make sure it was on a rough day too. Our 24' scared her and she complained about the ride. She seems to like the 30 though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.