Notices

OT: Where to stay on Maui

Old 06-18-2002, 11:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes on Mama's Fish House and also along the way - if you see a local selling fresh cut pineapple from any kind of stand - STOP!!!!
After having it there - you'll never go back to the the mainland version again.
Try to parasail out of Lahaina or Kaanapalli beach - the view of Maui, Molokai and Lanai is awesome.
We found that the Polynesian Luau things are pretty much generic and like a bad southern bar-b-q with flames and grass skirts. Save your money!(someone else may have found one worth doing)
But it would be worth looking in the events listing for any local wine or food tastings. Chefs come from the other islands to put them on and are hosted by the local hotels.

I am ready to go again......you may be talking me into a 2nd honeymoon
Old 06-18-2002, 12:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Jeep the road to Hana but GET ONE WITH A TOP. Those mountain clouds can produce some cold ones.

They are right about Kaanapalli beach and the Ritz-Carlton area.
THE BEST!!!!!
No matter where you stay - visit all these other hotels and tour their grounds. They are all open to that and all are beautiful.
Whalers Village for shops, lunch and info.
Old 06-18-2002, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and post some pics when you get back!!!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 190 Likes on 41 Posts

The Four Seasons in Maui is second to none. One of the best hotel in the world.
Old 06-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Registered

Luxy,
We got married in Maui last November and it was great! Ka'anapali Beach is great and lots of fine hotels to stay. We stayed at the Hyatt and it was beautiful, they also have a spa that is pretty impressive. The road to hana was fun....bought the book "maui revealed" and gave places to stop that aren't on any maps. PM me if you'd like to use it! In Lahaina Town we enjoyed IO's restaurant...very classy and unique place on the end of the "strip". I hated Bubba Gump's but it is on the water...I thought their food sucked. Moose McGillicuddys for breakfast is awesome!!! Be sure to take a trip in your jeep all the way around the island as it is truly beautiful. That book Maui Revealed tells you tons and tons of places to see that you wouldn't know of by a map!! OH yeah...and congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Registered

I also went on a honeymoon in Maui, completely AWESOME!! We stayed at the Kea Lani and let me tell you....it is impressive. We looked at a bunch of resorts on the internet before choosing it, and we also looked when we finally got there and I can say without a doubt we will be staying there again when we go back. The place is immaculate, HUGE bathroom with a nice tub perfect for uhhhh..well you know. Anyways Kea Lani is Maui's ONLY all-suite resort, the grounds there are just awesome too believe me you won't regret it. By the way they also have one of Maui's best resteraunts on the grounds, Nick's Fishmarket. The staff there is excellent too...if you enjoy sipping cool drinks by the pool with a guy handing you fresh cut pinapple every 5 seconds, this is your place.

It's up to you which resort you choose but here are things I'd do while in Maui.
1. Road to Hana - this is a MUST...do the complete road trust me.
2. Snorkle - it's amazing, buy an underwater camera.
3. Pearl Harbor - this is really a MUST see....there are plenty of inexpensive flights to the island. I was truely moved by what I saw. Wherever you stay or whatever you do....you have to see Pearl Harbor in person, trust me.
Old 06-18-2002, 03:36 PM
Mike J

I built a 29' Scarab for
a Gentleman who lives on
O'ahu close to Waikiki.
He also has a "FishingHut"
at Makena Beach about 15mi
south of Lahaina.
Very Quiet "DAKINE" Area,
If you want a day of diving and watching Sea
Turtle closeup thats the
place.
Look for a Bright Yellow
and Blue with twim 300OBs
Scarab Called A HUI HOU.
Im a bit older and 10 days there doing nothing was
Great.
OH Sunseeker when you were
in the Honolulu Yatch club
did you ever meet a person
whos last name was Brandt. Better brush up on your
Pigeon English.
Mike J.

Old 06-18-2002, 03:50 PM
Charter Member #996
Charter Member

Ok, first of all, its hard to have a bad time in hawaii. I'm jealous! The absolute best and over the top place in Maui is the Grand Wailea..........hands down!! Its next to or near the Four Seasons. Defintelly the "honeymoon spot", but not close to "the action" as far as night life or shopping. Stay in Kanapali at the Westin or the Hyatt if you want the action spots. The Ritz Carlton is nice but is in a very very consistently windy location.

In Kaui, there is absolutely no competition for the Princeville Hotel! Wow! It put any accomodation in Tahiti to shame! Its located overlooking Hanalei Bay. Don't miss it, but November through March is Kaui's rainy season and they get alot of it.

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2002, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Luxy 60 (and anyone else)

We have a nice qwaint (spelling??) condo on the big Island in Kona right on the water. I'll give you a good rate brother, let me know if youre interested. We rent it year-round...when we're not there or course

Tank
Old 06-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Mike J

Tank How long have you been going to Kona???
I lived there in the early
80s.
CO-Owner Kailua Marine and
Machine.
Ever been to Huggos.
But back to the subject,
Kaua'i is going to get wet
that time of year so make
sure you get a 4 wheeler.
Head to the caves at the
North end of the Island.
Don't forget to stop in
and see Charos Place it
even has good food.
Mike J.

Quick Reply: OT: Where to stay on Maui

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.