Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Notices

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Old 01-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatme
Explain this not sure i understand
If the attorney is willing to throw anything and everything up against the wall to see what sticks, perhaps posting in this thread might end bringine oneself into the fold.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am waiting for my summons for insurance info since I was sitting on the pier watching the boats go by. I never met Joey Gratton but I seriously wonder if this would have been the legacy he wanted to leave his beloved sport with RIP

NK
Old 01-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
I am waiting for my summons for insurance info since I was sitting on the pier watching the boats go by. I never met Joey Gratton but I seriously wonder if this would have been the legacy he wanted to leave his beloved sport with RIP

NK
INDEED !
Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Once again, it's always somebody elses fault. It was a tragic accident, learn from it and move on. But nope, accidents don't happen, so someone must pay. It doesn't matter if the sport gets destroyed, as long as someone can make some money without actually working for it. Lawyers suck balls and they are ruining everything. Years ago lawyers were few and far between, so most of them were wealthy. Nowadays, there are more lawyers then there are construction workers and they all think they should be rich, so they take any normal day in, day out event and try to turn it into a nice big payday. Useless POS's. Sorry, I write it like I see it. ( PS- there are lawyers out there that do it for the right reasons, they know who they are and they obviously don't fall into my rant )
Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty

NK
X2
Old 01-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Where does the litigation stop? Who else is getting sued?
I heard he's going to sue the ocean for having water.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Brief aside.

Since its generally agreed that this pending litigation isn't the real way to make the sport safer, who what and where is doing something about that part of the situation ?

Is there an organized committee within the industry doing something?
If some of the changes will involve air supply, canopy reconstruction , racecourse personnel etc., is that currently being worked on, given that race season is 4 short months away ?

Last edited by Catastrophe; 01-12-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:26 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=F1-00
With all of us living in a "spill a cup of coffee on lap and get 2 mil from McDonalds" society, and by the looks of spaghetti lawsuits(throw enough against the wall, something is bound to stick) about to happen, shouldnt everyone involved be named in this lawsuit?

Urban Legend the story is untrue. The women sued for 20k for 3rd degree burns on 16% of her body. Mcds offered 800 dollars and the suit went to court. It was presented that there was 700 incidents of scalding coffee burns. Mcds kept there coffee between 185 to 190 degress for taste. Your average cup of coffee at home 140 degress. Total award to the 79 yr old grandmother 640k.

Everybody hates lawyers until they need one , just sayin.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Brief aside.

Since its generally agreed that this pending litigation isn't the real way to make the sport safer, who what and where is doing something about that part of the situation ?

Is there an organized committee within the industry doing something?
If some of the changes will involve air supply, canopy reconstruction , racecourse personnel etc., is that currently being worked on, given that race season is 4 short months away ?
The way things are going, there won't be any racing someday, i guess it will be safe then. This whole thing is just sad for the sport.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=PowerplayDave;3592522][QUOTE=F1-00
. Total award to the 79 yr old grandmother 640k.

Everybody hates lawyers until they need one , just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Urban legend or not why did this woman deserve 640K? Just sayn

NK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.