Like Tree0Likes

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Reply
Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM
  #181
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Where is Mike A in all of this? I am sure he is watching! Come on Mike, post in public (not pm's to individuals) Tell us you are in this suit pro bono and that every dollar settled for is going into making the sport safer. Then prove updates on where the settlement money has gone. Make me out to be wrong about the suspected motivation (I would love to be wrong about this)

For those that might say Mike A has better things to do than follow this on OSO, you are wrong! He has sent private messages responding to this to others. He is watching. So Mike come on and explain how a financial lawsuit will help the sport. Please educate me so I can be convinced my thoughts on this are wrong. I do not mind admitting I am wrong if I can be proven to be that

Come on Mike educate me as to why sponsors insurance companies are being pursued, and tell me how that will help the sport. I am a low educated individual, so some times things need to be spelled out for me. I am not afraid to post my information here, Can you do the same ??
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:10 AM
  #182
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

This is a forum for discussion. I am not afraid to discuss, but I hate to be one sided in a debate, it is only good if two parties with information on both sides of the fence provide it for consideration

I have stated my side I respectfully request the other side
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:47 PM
  #183
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme View Post
This is a forum for discussion. I am not afraid to discuss, but I hate to be one sided in a debate, it is only good if two parties with information on both sides of the fence provide it for consideration

I have stated my side I respectfully request the other side
Hold your breath, it will be here any minute.
brivander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:35 PM
  #184
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
Default

From what i hear, the air system on board worked, joey had a dual stage air system. While he was harnessed in the boat he was breathing off a large tank in the boat. Once he released his harness it disconnects the boat tank and he immediately starts breathing off his leg bottle. From what i heard joey disconnected his boat tank and the leg bottle only supplies a couple of minutes of air to get out of the boat. The rescue crew took 7-10 minutes to get to joey and by the time they got there his leg bottle had run out. it should never take rescue divers over 2 minutes to get to a flipped boat.
apollo22 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:47 PM
  #185
Registered
 
PhantomChaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bell Canyon, CA
My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45
Posts: 12,756
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo22 View Post
From what i hear, the air system on board worked, joey had a dual stage air system. While he was harnessed in the boat he was breathing off a large tank in the boat. Once he released his harness it disconnects the boat tank and he immediately starts breathing off his leg bottle. From what i heard joey disconnected his boat tank and the leg bottle only supplies a couple of minutes of air to get out of the boat. The rescue crew took 7-10 minutes to get to joey and by the time they got there his leg bottle had run out. it should never take rescue divers over 2 minutes to get to a flipped boat.
Where do you hear all that?
PhantomChaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
  #186
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Marginmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland
My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
Posts: 3,472
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo22 View Post
From what i hear, the air system on board worked, joey had a dual stage air system. While he was harnessed in the boat he was breathing off a large tank in the boat. Once he released his harness it disconnects the boat tank and he immediately starts breathing off his leg bottle. From what i heard joey disconnected his boat tank and the leg bottle only supplies a couple of minutes of air to get out of the boat. The rescue crew took 7-10 minutes to get to joey and by the time they got there his leg bottle had run out. it should never take rescue divers over 2 minutes to get to a flipped boat.
Did your sources elaborate on what kept him from getting out of the boat if in fact he was able to release his harness as they say he did?
__________________
The Beak be gone
Marginmn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:06 PM
  #187
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Big Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westport, CT
Posts: 1,470
Default

If he was out of his harness what is all of this talk about the rescue team not having a knife handy to cut Joey from his harness? Sounds like a lot of rumors and speculation.... I would have to imagine that if he was out of his harness, he would have gotten out of the boat (Steve did).

If the family's lawyer is going after sponsors what's to stop them from going after everyone. What's to stop him from going after Skater...after all they built the boat that flipped. Why not go after the air system manufacturer? I don't know the facts, and I don't want to speculate, but it's got to stop somewhere.
Big Time is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:10 PM
  #188
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lk. st. Clair MI
My Boats: 33 POWERPLAY
Posts: 4,498
Default

It will stop when the last dollar is sucked out...
POWERPLAY J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:09 PM
  #189
Registered
 
boatme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Spring Lake, Michigan
My Boats: Sold the Cig
Posts: 4,026
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
If he was out of his harness what is all of this talk about the rescue team not having a knife handy to cut Joey from his harness? Sounds like a lot of rumors and speculation.... I would have to imagine that if he was out of his harness, he would have gotten out of the boat (Steve did).

If the family's lawyer is going after sponsors what's to stop them from going after everyone. What's to stop him from going after Skater...after all they built the boat that flipped. Why not go after the air system manufacturer? I don't know the facts, and I don't want to speculate, but it's got to stop somewhere.
Do not think that will not happen My guess it IS happening but i do not know that for sure
boatme is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:06 PM
  #190
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: oshawa ontario
My Boats: 31 Scarab Thunder
Posts: 4,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo22 View Post
it should never take rescue divers over 2 minutes to get to a flipped boat.
what if two or even three boats tangled and flipped in a corner.....what if one boat flipped then another boat flipped at the same time at another spot on the course??
pullmytrigger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.