Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors >

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Notices

Michael Allweiss sends letter to race sponsors

Old 01-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree he is doing his job if it is for money.

Its these two direct quotes from the newspaper article that I dont comprehend or believe.

The lawsuit is expected to be filed in the next day or two. The family is not fighting this out in criminal court, but civil court but they say, it's not the money they are after, but change in the sport of boat racing

Allweiss says, "there is no ill will. The point of this is to try to affect change. It's to ensure no event is ever conducted again that is as remotely dangerous as this particular event."

Have yet to see any answers regarding his air supply.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

A lot you are focused on the air-supply and I think I know why but can someone explain in detail what you are driving at time after time?
Old 01-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
A lot you are focused on the air-supply and I think I know why but can someone explain in detail what you are driving at time after time?
Driving at an answer. There hasnt been one.
Did he have air supply in the boat ?
Did it work ?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Did it work ?
In pictures from the past, it did show that the boat was equipped with a full time air system. Whether it worked or not at the time of this unfortunate accident, that is unknown...
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Did it work ?
What do the rules say, you have to have air or not?
Old 01-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Frank, you want to hang the lawyer here it's just that simple.
I don't want to hang anyone, I just think some believe he's the messiah. It's all about perspective.

I think about it like this; Let's say you didn't like me because I owned a business that competed with yours and we had issues in the past. You lost your business and I was still in business but there was no way you could get back at me unless I get tripped up. So you watch my every move, because you're bitter, and wait for me to make a percieved mistake. The moment I make a mistake you're on me like white on rice.

That's the only perspective I can add. MOving on..
Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I agree he is doing his job if it is for money.

Its these two direct quotes from the newspaper article that I dont comprehend or believe.

The lawsuit is expected to be filed in the next day or two. The family is not fighting this out in criminal court, but civil court but they say, it's not the money they are after, but change in the sport of boat racing

Allweiss says, "there is no ill will. The point of this is to try to affect change. It's to ensure no event is ever conducted again that is as remotely dangerous as this particular event."

Have yet to see any answers regarding his air supply.
This is such a sad state of affairs.

I am NOT a lawyer, just trying to use some common sense. If I dont really have a case, I will bark and bark about biting and always come up with a reason or excuse as to why I am not biting. I will try and drag everyone into and put the squeezes on and get a quick settlement. ummm how can I get this into the "Court of Public Opinion"? I would have to say, smart lawyer!! Its in the "Court of Public Opinion" and you have all the keyboard jocks at each others throats with little to no information, 95% of whom were not even there.

May Joey, Bob, and JT please rest in peace and that the RACERS use their heads and learn from these tragedies and make the necessary changes themselves. It is our lives on the line and as much as I respect the medical staffs of SBI, OPA, and yes even OSS; we, the racers, need to look in the mirror and make the changes and not count on someone else.

I put a proposal out here that works from the Quotes from above, seems fair if its safety your after, but if its money your after, please keep dragging this through the mudd and tearing everyone in boating down.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Registered

What do the rules say, you have to have air or not?
I dont know the answer to that.

But whether it was a rule or not I cant imagine not having some sort of working air supply.

And if the previous poster is correct and there was a full time system in the boat , what happened with it ?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
In pictures from the past, it did show that the boat was equipped with a full time air system. Whether it worked or not at the time of this unfortunate accident, that is unknown...
True, but the boat also had an escape hatch in the floor and it doesn't appear that it was used. Why? Was the boat inspected before the race by the SBI officials and safety crew?

Also, I have NEVER heard of a diver that would enter the water without having a knife.
I'm not throwing rocks at anyone or trying to stir anything up here, just asking questions that don't make any sense to me...
Old 01-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems unethical and a conflict of interest if Allwiess represents the law suit. Will never make it to a trial.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.