Broker vs. Privite party sale >

Broker vs. Privite party sale

Notices

Broker vs. Privite party sale

Old 01-13-2012, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
The most important factor is to get the boat that you want!!, regardless if its for sale by broker or private sale. Don't settle because of who has it listed for sale. Boats aren't as easy to sell and move around as they once were. Good luck
I'll second this, and add "Get a Survey and a Seatrial." I also pay to have leakdown and compression tests on the engines too.
The money you spend in upfront costs will come back to reward you.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 01-13-2012, 12:05 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

have it narrowed down to a few boats. all are "old school" types but thats what i like. everyone is pushing for a beaked boat but thats not me. just have to find the right boat at the right price.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by huskyrider
I'll second this, and add "Get a Survey and a Seatrial." I also pay to have leakdown and compression tests on the engines too.
The money you spend in upfront costs will come back to reward you.

See ya,
Kelly
I second the seatrial and the survey. An older boat, chances are insurance is going to require the survey anyway, so get it done before you buy the boat. Piece of mind, and often if they are good quality surveyors will find something you might have overlooked and you can negotiate price better. You have somone in your court. Seatrial is important, every boat rides a little different, setups make a big difference. You'd be suprised.