Time for a new boat (new to me) >

Time for a new boat (new to me)

Notices

Time for a new boat (new to me)

Old 01-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

36 is too small for turbines!

i know a lot has changed with loans and even more so with the insurance on them....never had either....but i would think the difference between a big sonic with 502 mpi's vs small fountain with 525's would they not be a huge difference to insure???...
Old 01-18-2012, 05:02 PM
Registered

The insurance would definately be higher on a faster or more expensive boat. I'm sure I will be shopping around on insurance once I narrow down my choices to try to get the best deal overall
Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audacity
36 is too small for turbines!
Reeeealy?
Old 01-18-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered

I'm not sure from your post about just what was more important. Spaciousness and headroom for overnighting with amenities such as 6' headroom, galley, walk in head, gen-set, ac, etc or the abilty to pound out some fast passes at speed.
My search criteria was weekending comfortably and reasonably high speeds.
I came up with the Baja 38 special, Fountain 38 sport cruiser, and the Sonic 38 to fit my needs and started searching.
I'm like the fastest boat in the cruiser crowd and the slowest boat in the go fast crowd.
Kind of a jack of all trades but master of none.
I'm probably the only member who'll drop these selections.
None of them are really pretty looking boats because of the high deck to generate headroom in the salon but I found lots of them to choose from that were affordable.

Good luck with your search, there are some great boats in your allowance.

Here's alink to a boat that would meet all my needs if I had your allowance, I found it in 2 minutes after posting.

See ya,
Kelly

Last edited by huskyrider; 01-18-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add a link
Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Registered

Im kinda looking for the same mix of comfort but enough speed to enjoy some high speed runs. Most of my boating is done here on the rivers in Pittsburgh so I dont have a large area to really open the boat up. We do alot of raft offs and tie offs. So I definately want a well rounded boat. And this keeps leading me back to Bajas in general but there are a few others out there, just not as many.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RollWithIt
Im kinda looking for the same mix of comfort but enough speed to enjoy some high speed runs.
I'm curious, where do you define high speeds???
Just wondering.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 01-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Registered

My current boat tops out about 58 to 60 depending on temps, fuel, load, etc.. I'd like to get into the high 70's if not break 80 if possible. If I had a bigger budget or just wanted speed, there are boats out there that will do in excess of 100.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

The Donzi zx series boats seem to have a nice balance to them also. I definately want to take a close look at them. I've also always loved the lines on the 35 Cafe Racer and 38 Top Gun as well as the Active thunder 32 and 37.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Registered

my 1st wife really wanted a sonic for the looks and amenities. a few of our friends had them. the hustlers (not the slingshots) were also on her list for head room amenities. i like running in big water and all those amenities are just things that are going to get ripped out and destroyed.
that nor tech looks like a good deal...i just can't get over how much boats have depreciated over the past 7 years! you can get a ton of boat right now for the money!
I havent had any of the ammenities on my 45 get ripped out or damaged in rough water and I have rode in 5-6 footers at 60 plus mph with no issue what so ever.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's almost a silly statement. maybe in the 90's...not in this era. while my 32 AT didn't have much of a cabin it ran 91 in kilo form. 89 all day and 71 at 4000rpms everyday...it was the best running F2 stye setup "pleasure" boat i've run.
Just ribbin ya Joe, well kind of. I had to say it and I have plenty of seat time in both (pleasure version) the newer 33 AT is a different animal and is sweet!!! You gonna come out and play this year? Or are you racing again???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.