Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Saltwater Drowning Named Cause of Death for Morgan and Tillman >

Saltwater Drowning Named Cause of Death for Morgan and Tillman

Notices

Saltwater Drowning Named Cause of Death for Morgan and Tillman

Old 01-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in regard to an earlier question, i believe the boat was a 2000 or a 2001 and there was no bottom escape hatch.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
The accident occurred directly in front of hundreds of spectators at Mallory Square. Please just stfu; the rescue crews are not to blame; RIP Bob and JT.
Dude...speaking to me like you speak to your Mother is NOT the way to get ANY cooperation from me...either here or face to face.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lotopa.com
as mentioned i have watched the video from our helicopter, and coming into the harbor the boat was running off from the chopper, but the response was instant to the diver and he was deployed immediately....and as i mentioned earlier, i believe the impact is what caused the drowning, not a slow gasping for air type drowning...be it right or wrong that is my opinion based on the professionals i have spoken to, the diver that pulled them, and the hours spent starring at that thing afterwards, and that is what i prefer to believe to give myself the closure needed to see two friends perish..
Very sorry for your loss. R.I.P.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i too truly believe the rescue personnel being on the boat in under a 50 seconds is a tremendous act of reaction time to an incident of this caliber. they can have zero blame toward them in this situation... flipping a boat at 140mph will cause serious zero-G impact when hitting the water which would most likely knock anyone out...it only takes a few seconds of unconsciousness then jolting awake and gasping for air thats not there to cause your bad situation to get worse.

God Speed guys, you were great racers I very much enjoyed watching racing boats I can only dream about!!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

in regard to an earlier question, i believe the boat was a 2000 or a 2001 and there was no bottom escape hatch.
Thank you
Old 01-19-2012, 04:32 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
It was stated by someone in another thread that they died because of drowning due to the length of time the rescue boat took to get to them.
as usual,your post is useless,rescue was with them within 45 seconds.you should think before you post,i swear you just like to start rumor,just like on the cardshark thread
Old 01-19-2012, 04:38 AM
Registered

I could understand people getting in the way of the Pro's to save them, but if the non-pro's got there first, they could do whatever until the medics arrive...at least thats what we did back in the day. When someone crashed, almost everyone tried to help. then when the ambulance crew got there, everyone got out of the way. We saved many of our fellow racers lives by doing this. The first boat by didnt move over or slow down.
are you suggesting racers should leave their boat ,swim to the accident scene, and attempt a rescue?please think before you post your useless comments!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:45 AM
Registered

Not trying to turn this into a pissin contest, but they were upside down going backwards at a pretty high rate of speed. I dont know for fact, but I am sure that they were hurt or possibly knocked out from the backwards impact. I didnt time the event as to how long it took the rescue bost to get to them, but if they were unconsious and in the water...any amount of time is too long and 45 seconds is like 2 days. I dont recall seeing an escape panel on the bottom of the boat either and I am assuming that there was/is not one...meaning that the boat must have been something like at least 10 years old...yes...no?? Going backwards and upside down should have generated enough force from either water pressure or air pressure to blow the panel out. The other thing that bothers me on their crash is that other racers saw it and just went on by their merry way. To me, that is total BS and I firmly believe that one, if not all the boats that just drove on by, should have tried to help them. If just one of the other race boats would have stopped, they might have saved their lives...or they could have been killed on impact...we will never know. One thing I do feel secure about and that is if the accident had happened close to shore, the spectators would have hit the water to try to help them. Really leaves a nasty attitude with me that all the other boats didnt stop to try to help them. Whether they died on impact or from drowning...45 seconds is too damn long...especially when the first boat went by them less than 10seconds after they blew over.

As for whatever an ER nurse says...I take it with a grain of salt. If a doctor was to say the impact probably killed them...then I would be more in line to believe what a doctor says, but a nurse bumping their gums when they shouldnt...carries no weight with me at all.

I didnt know either of these guys, but I enjoyed watching them race. I hope that their families are doing the best they can, considering what has happened.
are you suggesting spectators should jump in the water with boats approaching at over 100 mph,dude,please stop with your stupid posts,think before you post.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

as mentioned i have watched the video from our helicopter, and coming into the harbor the boat was running off from the chopper, but the response was instant to the diver and he was deployed immediately....and as i mentioned earlier, i believe the impact is what caused the drowning, not a slow gasping for air type drowning...be it right or wrong that is my opinion based on the professionals i have spoken to, the diver that pulled them, and the hours spent starring at that thing afterwards, and that is what i prefer to believe to give myself the closure needed to see two friends perish..
agree ...Extremely sad situation, May they both RIP...and hopefully the families and friends have some closure.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

agree ...Extremely sad situation, May they both RIP...and hopefully the families and friends have some closure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.