Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Todd Hartigh, AKA Chicken passed away (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/269066-todd-hartigh-aka-chicken-passed-away.html)

roadking1997 01-19-2012 07:20 PM

Sad day, great guy, haven't seen him much since we moved to SC, but he will be missed all the same.

POWERSTROKE 01-19-2012 07:38 PM

Rip

Lee 01-19-2012 07:40 PM

Very sad news, :( :(

baronmarine 01-19-2012 09:52 PM

i got the call this afternoon, very very sad. i never knew todd well, but i well say he was a lot of fun to be around. you sure could not miss his boat. rip you offshore wore. hanky pank well never be the same. gh well miss you todd. our thoughts go out to you and katie.

todd

Mr Gadgets 01-19-2012 11:01 PM

I got the call this afternoon, what a shock! he was recently at my shop for some work.. He was a good guy and will be sorely missed. You could not miss that Checkerd Advantage!! It has been a lot of years since I first saw him at GH in it.He did love the water in that boat! Thoughts and prayers to Katie and his family.

RIP!

dennis r 01-20-2012 04:43 AM

Rip

RSCHAP1 01-20-2012 04:56 AM

R.i.p.

Very sorry to hear this news.
38 is way too young.
My condolences !

KAAMA 01-20-2012 05:41 AM

Hmmm....very sad and upsetting news to me!

I'd like to say a few words about Todd Hartigh aka "Chicken" or "Chicken Head"

I have known Todd for about the last 10 years or so. I didn't know him very well, but I can tell you he absolutely loved hi-perf offshore boating and loved talking about it. I remember he came to watch my 540's get dyno'd at Tom Earhart's shop when I first met Todd 10 years ago.

Todd was some sort of mechanical design engineer and was very intelligent---and just knew a TON about NPT and various pipe fitting sizes and connections, fabricating all kinds of stuff, electrical wiring, engines, etc. In fact, he used one of my Stellings extension boxes to fabricate his own boxes and he designed and made the wingplate extensions for my extension boxes.

One day, many years ago, Todd and I had a disagreement between us....not really that big of deal in the light of eternity, but I didn't talk to him much after that and the only time I would see Todd would maybe be at Hardy Dam or Grand Haven about 1-2 times per year.

I remember Todd as being kind and very friendly and out-going and was always making everyone laugh. He was a very like-able guy. Usually, when I would see Todd over the years, it would be while we were up at Hardy Dam during Hot Boat weekend and we would always say hello to each other and talk for a moment. I always enjoyed talking with Todd because we shared much of the same passion for offshore boating.

This past Fall up at Hardy was no different----everyone had something to drink as about 100 other boaters gathered to watch all the boats come in for the day to be loaded up on the trailer at the end of the day. It's always fun to see all the hardware coming together in one spot and Todd would always be around. Todd noticed I didn't have anything and he knew I didn't drink alcohol so, and I remember him quickly walking down to his beached boat and got a cold bottle of water for me out of his cooler----I really did not expect Todd to do that for me....a very kind act indeed. That was the last time I saw and spoke to Todd.

I liked Todd---always thought he was a pretty good kid and I am going to miss him. My hope is that Todd is with the Lord and my prayers are for his wife and family.

Mark/KAAMA

Does anyone who is a little closer to his family happen to know anything about any funeral arrangements for Todd?

Jolley 01-20-2012 07:06 AM

Rest in Peace Todd....... Prayers to his family and friends :(

Licity Split 01-20-2012 07:50 AM

RIP Todd going to miss the fun times that we had at Hardy during Hotboat Weekends and prayers to Katie and his family, you'll be missed .