Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Boat Customs takes delivery of 50' Mystic! >

Boat Customs takes delivery of 50' Mystic!

Notices

Boat Customs takes delivery of 50' Mystic!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a skater tilt trailer under my Skater 40 classic. It's amazing! Trouble free, always works, amazing craftsmanship... I asked Pete about building one for the mystic, but is 12' wide, he isn't interested in trying.. I don't blame him.

As for lugo, I had Paul quote it when I had this built. He came in at $225,000.00 for a trailer.. Lol, not gonna happen... That being said, I know he's also been trying to build a tilt for Fusco's new 46 extra wide skater.. I haven't heard that he has accomplished that, and it's been in the works for quite a while.

Tom
Old 01-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just curios what your current trailer cost.

i towed a 388 skater with a skater tilt, nice trailer but we were parked next to predators Lugo tilt trailer, it seemed to be nicer.

more supports on the rack and tilt system. the skater flexed to the point of almost letting the boat hit the trailer plus the hydraulics seemed to be weak. just saying.......
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
rik have you even seen a LUGO trailer in person. i know your a skater guy but the LUGO is one of the best built trailers i've ever seen in. the myco's are so-so and highly overpriced. skater is better than the others. but ....

i got to see a LUGO a few yrs back at havasu and and the trailer is a work of art. one would have to educate themselves to see all the little difference in quality but the Lugo was several steps above all the others. dont know what they cost but like they say you get what you pay for.
Yes, I was just there inspecting one of my customers trailers.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:43 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

How much did MYCO want?
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tborisch
I have a skater tilt trailer under my Skater 40 classic. It's amazing! Trouble free, always works, amazing craftsmanship..

Tom
If you ever want to sell it I would be interested.

Brett
Old 01-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

Non trailer related, is it your family working on Walloon Marina Tom? Very happy to see all the work going on.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tborisch
Update, The trailer has been redelivered for the 5th time now as of today. The boat is stuck on tilt, and continues to damage the boat with every attempt...

The attached picture happened when we tried to un-tilt the boat at the shootout.

What a joke. I have a Myco 5th wheel flat tow on order.

Tom
Tom, make sure the brakes work on that myco, no leaks etc, spent 3 months deal'n w/ them on my new trailer & all they kept say'n is it's my truck! HaHa, wasn't my truck, it was their poor parts & workmanship!! there is a video on here somewhere I took of 1 of my axle t fittings leak'n like beer at a brewery!!! That truck/trailer place on 131 fixed it up right 4 me!! They found all kinds of messed up chit!!! Good Luck Dude!! I think they said U has had yours there at BT???? C a soon! T By the by, that was my 3rd brand new trailer from them!

Last edited by wrinkleface; 01-08-2013 at 05:44 AM. Reason: facts
Old 01-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Tom. Wow! I feel for ya and Hope you get this all worked out. Not fair that companies can charge so much money and deliever such a poor product, then not take care of it! Thanks for sharing your story with us though.

Myco did not take care or Tracey like they should have, I remember all the B.S he was going through last year.

Good luck and look forward to seeing you on the water this summer!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Tom, make sure the brakes work on that myco, no leaks etc, spent 3 months deal'n w/ them on my new trailer & all they kept say'n is it's my truck! HaHa, wasn't my truck, it was their poor parts & workmanship!! there is a video on here somewhere I took of 1 of my axle t fittings leak'n like beer at a brewery!!! That truck/trailer place on 131 fixed it up right 4 me!! They found all kinds of messed up chit!!! Good Luck Dude!! I think they said U has had yours there at BT???? C a soon! T By the by, that was my 3rd brand new trailer from them!
weren't you experiencing a delay when you applied your brakes?...I have an '11 F450 and have pulled four different Mycos....three of them all had a 1-3 second delay with the brakes but the fourth one worked perfect...Myco could not explain it....three of the four had the "patch"on them including the one that worked correctly....I would love to know if you figured out the problem.......I apologize for getting off the subject of the gorgeous Mystic...I saw it at Loto and it is a jaw dropper
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bullhead
weren't you experiencing a delay when you applied your brakes?...I have an '11 F450 and have pulled four different Mycos....three of them all had a 1-3 second delay with the brakes but the fourth one worked perfect...Myco could not explain it....three of the four had the "patch"on them including the one that worked correctly....I would love to know if you figured out the problem.......I apologize for getting off the subject of the gorgeous Mystic...I saw it at Loto and it is a jaw dropper
U have a PM!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.