Al Copeland admirers I need your help >

Al Copeland admirers I need your help

Notices

Al Copeland admirers I need your help

Old 01-23-2012, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Al Copeland admirers I need your help

I was checking my email earlier and came across a youtube reply to me from "miletech". It's been two years since I posted on this video(as dieseldog00) so I was a little surprised. What really burned my a$$ was his total disrespect of Al. "Just another dead rich man".

How bout you guys who knew him best put this stupid jerk in his place;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMVX...reply_received
Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Registered

Best quote I ever heard was him say was : out on the water it's merely a battle of wallets , if it takes more money to win , so be it !
Old 01-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Battle of wallets, i like that go big or go home i guess
Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Al C

Originally Posted by Catmando
I was checking my email earlier and came across a youtube reply to me from "miletech". It's been two years since I posted on this video(as dieseldog00) so I was a little surprised. What really burned my a$$ was his total disrespect of Al. "Just another dead rich man".

How bout you guys who knew him best put this stupid jerk in his place;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMVX...reply_received
I met Al Copeland in Key West 1987. He was very cordial, even though I was just a young kid on a poker run without even my own boat. He built some incredible businesses and had a lot of fun. What that guy said about him doesn't even matter, I admired the guy and respected that he built an empire and lived life on his terms. Have the you tube guy match that.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598

Last edited by O.C.Barry; 01-24-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: sp
Old 01-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

You can stay pist off for the rest of your life reading youtube comments. Some of the biggest tools on the planet can be found posting there. If it's possible, I'd recommend to the video poster to delete comments of that nature or disable comments altogether. Or just ignore them, of course.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Default Al sr

In so many ways Al was a real American hero, the likes of which don't seem to exist anymore. When his time came it was a sad day for me and some of my boating bro's thats for sure! Met him for the first time at the old Holiday Inn in Key West they were giving the dunk test I believe it was 96' or 97',he wasn't participating in the test,don't think his insurance or something or another would allow him to race any more, but when conversation began I didn't pay attention to who I was actually speaking with then I relized who he was, before you knew it he invited our little group to his party on the moll. It was our first time at the Worlds,so it made a huge impression on me and others in my group. I had followed the races for years before that and knew of him and all the big names but after that day he was the biggest and best in my eyes ! Heck just the other night we raised a glass to a old poster of the popeye's boat and saluted him! RIP Al!!!!!!!!!!!!....................Rjr............. ....
Old 01-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keytime
You can stay pist off for the rest of your life reading youtube comments. Some of the biggest tools on the planet can be found posting there. If it's possible, I'd recommend to the video poster to delete comments of that nature or disable comments altogether. Or just ignore them, of course.
You are so right!!!