Notices

Maintenance Issues

Old 02-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedGirl
(and you don't have to punch me in the face)

GOOD ONE !!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Old 02-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Speedgirl, any word on oso enabling members to upload pix via smart phone or pad any time soon?
I know a lot of users including myself have been wondering.
MD
I've been uploading pics with my phone for ages on many different forums. I'm guessing that you're using an iPhone and/or iPad. Your issues are with Apple, not OSO or vbulletin. Get a capable phone and you'll be all set. (Reason #849 that I'm glad I abandoned the iShip)

Originally Posted by 502ss
I don't know why but every time people ask questions about adding support for mobile devices or enhancing the site access with Mobil apps it gets ignored!
What sort of support are you looking for? My browsing experience on my phone is no different than my PC. It's fast and flawless, works no different than if I'm on a laptop.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 1,206 Likes on 579 Posts

Wow! Site is terrible tonight. I click on a thread or page and my browser just sits there saying "WaitingforOffshoreonly" and then I have to keep loading other sites out out of my favorites and then go back just to load an OSO page. I have went to 4 other forums and have no problems or any other website.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

I just read on FB that another IB site is having issues... I just sent an email to IB Support!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Registered

On another note the site works great on my phone. Evo4G
My laptop browser if FireFox that is having the issue.
Reply via phone....
Old 02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is not being ignored (and you don't have to punch me in the face)

I actually discussed it with IB this morning, they are working out the details.... It is not as easy as you think, they don't want the site to have downtime.
Calm down, calm down! It wasn't an attack on you specifically but a general observation. I can probably reference a half dozen threads where this topic has come up and there never seems to be any answer. If the answer is "we are actively looking into it" then great! Atleast thats an answer, I would then think a short update every month or so to let everyone know it's still being looked into would also be beneficial. If anything it keeps those of us that are IT professionals by trade happy

No hard feelings!
Old 02-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
I've been uploading pics with my phone for ages on many different forums. I'm guessing that you're using an iPhone and/or iPad. Your issues are with Apple, not OSO or vbulletin. Get a capable phone and you'll be all set. (Reason #849 that I'm glad I abandoned the iShip)

What sort of support are you looking for? My browsing experience on my phone is no different than my PC. It's fast and flawless, works no different than if I'm on a laptop.

Very simple! Picture upload capability from iPhone/iPad

So you can upload pictures directly from your phone? I am not talking about pasting a link from a picture stored on the Internet, I am talking about clicking on "manage attachments" and browsing your phone's image folder and uploading a file. Is this what you can do with your smartphone? If not how are you doing it?
Old 02-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
Very simple! Picture upload capability from iPhone/iPad

So you can upload pictures directly from your phone? I am not talking about pasting a link from a picture stored on the Internet, I am talking about clicking on "manage attachments" and browsing your phone's image folder and uploading a file. Is this what you can do with your smartphone? If not how are you doing it?
Yep. I know exactly what you're talking about. You cannot upload (manage attachment) from any iphone or ipad. It's an Apple limitation. There's nothing that can be done by IB and/or vBulletin. The limitation is with the apple device.

And yes, I can upload photos directly from my phone. An android on the other hand allows direct file management as if it were your PC. That's one of the many reasons I switched from an iphone to an android.

Last edited by CigDaze; 02-04-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CigDaze
Yep. I know exactly what you're talking about. You cannot upload (manage attachment) from any iphone or ipad. It's an Apple limitation. There's nothing that can be done by IB and/or vBulletin. The limitation is with the apple device.

And yes, I can upload photos directly from my phone. An android on the other hand allows direct file management as if it were your PC. That's one of the many reasons I switched from an iphone to an android.
That is a nice option! Unfortunently I am not going to get rid of my iPhone and iPad because I can't post pictures to OSO, instead I will just use photobucket. Doesn't mean IB shouldn't be looking at better ways to support the mobile market, this Is the 21st century. Many other forum sites with a vBulletin backend are supporting mobile apps.

Speedgirl says IB is looking into it so hopefully they decide to make it a reality!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered

I just read on FB that another IB site is having issues... I just sent an email to IB Support!
Any word on this? I have already downloaded FireFox a year or 2 ago to help with site issues. I now have deleted my history, cleared my cache, rebooted a few times and this is the only site I have issues with.
Thanks