Boat Ramps in Clear Lake Tx >

Boat Ramps in Clear Lake Tx

Notices

Boat Ramps in Clear Lake Tx

Old 05-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Ramps in Clear Lake Tx

Anybody know the best place to launch a 40'er in clear lake, as close to or on Nasa 1 as possible?
Old 05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Boat Ramps in Clear Lake Tx

I would launch under the Kemah bridge on the Kemah side.... the Seabrook side is usually shallow.

Ernie
Old 05-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None That I Would Use For That Footage.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I launched my 40' Jag cat under the Kemah 146 bridge and had no problems.
Due
Old 05-11-2006, 09:44 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

South side of 146 bridge at Kemah, I have launched a 38' there several times with no problems.

There is also a public ramp on NASA road 1 that is OK as long as it's not too windy or unusually low tide. Just east of the Hilton.

If you are new to Clear Lake, there are some areas to be avoided. Best to get with one of the Clear lake boaters for more info.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wobble
There is also a public ramp on NASA road 1 that is OK as long as it's not too windy or unusually low tide. Just east of the Hilton.
This is where we would put Joes Gun in before it went to Marker 1. For a large go fast the piers are not very friendly for loading people and stuff.

Very true about the unusually low tide.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:52 PM
Registered

Thanks for the info guys, I have used both the kemah 146 and the nasa 1 public ramp to launch my ski boat, Nasa 1 public is closer and the seabrook Security errr I mean Police are known to hassle just about anyone they can to add some $$ to the local municipal courts system, so unless someone has a strong reason not to used the public ramp on nasa1 I will drop there.( it is a little steep though)but thanks for the extra info, and if you see a big red excalibur out in the water dont be a stranger,
Old 05-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Best ramp on the lake is the one under the south side of the bridge, like these guys said. We routinely launch my 38 and Captwk's 42 , regardless of the water level. Never had a problem with cops, or anything else for that matter. Except for the A-hole that parked his Ford truck and big Myco trailer across SEVEN parking spots last Sunday. A big Fountain.. hope he had a great time getting his rig around my truck. I parked a little close...
Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Registered

Default Kemah ramps 146 bridge

Is there a time limit on having a vehicle with boat trailer at the Kemah 146 bridge ramp?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by onetake
Is there a time limit on having a vehicle with boat trailer at the Kemah 146 bridge ramp?

I looked up the ordinance, as I was curious.

Sec. 110-19. - Unlawful commercial enterprise.

It shall be unlawful to engage in any commercial enterprise at the Ben Blackledge boat ramp, 100 Second Street, Kemah, Texas. The term "commercial enterprise" is defined as use of the facility with the intent to derive a profit and/or use of the property for purposes other than recreational purposes, except for the launching and retrieval of a vessel.

(Ord. No. 6-90, art. I, 11-8-1990)

Sec. 110-20. - Parking prohibited.

It shall be unlawful for any vehicle to remain parked and/or unattended from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. daily at the Ben Blackledge boat ramp. Should a vehicle remain parked and/or unattended for a period in excess of 12 hours, then it shall be presumed that the vehicle is parked for commercial purposes. This presumption may be rebutted by an affirmative finding that the use of the facility was solely for recreational purposes.
(Ord. No. 6-90, art. II, 11-8-1990)

Sec. 110-21. - Incorporation by reference.

All federal, state and county laws dealing with the operation of a boat landing facility and park are hereby incorporated into this article by reference and shall be fully enforceable herein.

(Ord. No. 6-90, art. III, 11-8-1990)

Sec. 110-22. - Unlawful parking of commercial vehicles.

It shall be unlawful for any commercial vehicle to use the parking facilities of Ben Blackledge boat ramp located in the city. The term "commercial vehicles" means vehicles used in the conduct of a commercial enterprise.

From what I read, you should be OK if you have a boat trailer attached. Having said that, it looks the code gives them the excuse to ticket or stop you if they want.

Might want to check with the Kemah PD Non Emergency Phone: 281.334.5414

Quick Reply: Boat Ramps in Clear Lake Tx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.