Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who knows the Florida area well..? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/269399-who-knows-florida-area-well.html)

SkaterMike82 01-25-2012 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 3601148)
Riviera= RUN and GUN... :eek:

Unless it's the Loggerhead Marina and Marina Grande area. Real Estate is my business.

Greg Harris

Thats the man right there

ActiveThunder 01-25-2012 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by FIVEPTOHH (Post 3601143)
Google earth does not tell me what type of neighborhood it is. But they should offer that capability.:lolhit:

Drag and drop to the roadside camera. It will show you the ghetto first hand.

gmhdfan 01-25-2012 09:44 AM

Go to Goggle MAPS & If there is a Martin Luther King Dr/Ave/Blvd.....any where close you probably don't want to live in that area...Just saying. My broker always told me to go to the school bus stops and see what gets off. Pretty much sums up the neighbor hood.....

CigDaze 01-25-2012 09:48 AM

Here's a good site for demographics, etc.:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Rivier...h-Florida.html

Riviera's not looking so good.

FIVEPTOHH 01-25-2012 10:01 AM

Thanks guys I really appreciate the info

Jupiter Sunsation 01-25-2012 10:04 AM

Cashbar is 100% right on....marina grande is the only property west of the intracoastal worth looking at (but the hoa fees are like $900 a month on a 200k unit).:eek:

Marsh Harbour, Sonoma Bay and Thousand Oaks all sold in the boom for 250-350k new and now sell below 50k regularly. They were beautiful townhouses built in one if the worst ghettos in the county.

You can fix up the house, you can't fix the neighborhood!

FIVEPTOHH 01-25-2012 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3601192)
Cashbar is 100% right on....marina grande is the only property west of the intracoastal worth looking at (but the hoa fees are like $900 a month on a 200k unit).:eek:

Marsh Harbour, Sonoma Bay and Thousand Oaks all sold in the boom for 250-350k new and now sell below 50k regularly. They were beautiful townhouses built in one if the worst ghettos in the county.

You can fix up the house, you can't fix the neighborhood!

Yeah the neighborhood is very important even though I wont be living there for any extended periods of time its nice to know that when I go down my place wont be looted :evilb:

sy goldberg 01-25-2012 10:15 AM

Area property for sale

my son has a house for sale in Palm Beach Gardens. in the MIRASOL community.Mirasol is a golf community and is the site of the PGA HONDA CLASSIC.This is not the ghetto,so if you are an avid golfer and want a great place this it.

sean stinson 01-25-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by gmhdfan (Post 3601174)
Go to Goggle MAPS & If there is a Martin Luther King Dr/Ave/Blvd.....any where close you probably don't want to live in that area...Just saying. My broker always told me to go to the school bus stops and see what gets off. Pretty much sums up the neighbor hood.....

They call that profiling!!!! just sayin!!! :eek::eek:

Jupiter Sunsation 01-25-2012 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg (Post 3601202)
my son has a house for sale in Palm Beach Gardens. in the MIRASOL community.Mirasol is a golf community and is the site of the PGA HONDA CLASSIC.This is not the ghetto,so if you are an avid golfer and want a great place this it.

Honda Classic hasn't played there in years......the Mirasol club members didn't want it anymore (traffic, crowds, THE PUBLIC). It has been played across the street at PGA National for the past few years.

Mirasol is tough on sales, the club membership is over 100K and if you buy a house without one you will have to get on a long wait list/can't play there/probably can't sell the house easily. Once you are in, the dues are 10K a year plus what you spend on food/drinks/golf. Add this expense to the 15-20K tax/HOA bill and the cost of the house itself and suddenly it isn't a cheap place to get away to on the weekends anymore!

Mirasol is very beautiful though! Houses range from low 300's to over 2mm.