Notices

Clapping and Cheering

Old 01-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Been cheered for good docking and jeered for being too loud.

I find it funny though that the same azzes who complain about us would never have the ballz to say the same thing to a Harley guy.

The shorts and flip-flops must not look as tough!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a 35' FasTech Formula with 525's that comes to the yacht club...he makes alot of noise, but thankfully, no one complains
Old 01-27-2012, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont get any comments, but get dirty looks occasionally. My 598 with full dry exhaust is pretty deafening from behind. Most of the bars we go to cater to a go fast crowd so it isnt out of the ordinary.

I did have a couple dock hands give me a hard time about a docking job the first weekend i owned the boat, little punks.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Happens all the time, especially on Holiday Weekends in Havasu.. People just chill at the ramp, and most of the larger cheers are for those who have no idea what they are doing on the ramp...
Old 01-27-2012, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Happens all the time, especially on Holiday Weekends in Havasu.. People just chill at the ramp, and most of the larger cheers are for those who have no idea what they are doing on the ramp...
Dude, You crack me up!!!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:09 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't decide whether its the time at The Rudder in Gloucester, where they have the biggest shimp cocktail in the northeast, when , from what my ex-girlfriend said, the the applause for shutting down was louder than the boat or after drinking too much the night before, I decided to stay over at the town dock In Marblehead Ma and sneak out at sun rise. While leaving a little after 6 a colossal water balloon exploded on my dash, shot from a condo porch 100 feet away. Some race crew on a large sailboat started clapping. To see what the mayhem was about the girl I was with came out of down below with no top on. All the clapping stopped. I thought everyone was jealous. Turns out one of the crew was the girls ex. "Well that explains the bird I just got." Still have not left my boat unattended there.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
I can't decide whether its the time at The Rudder in Gloucester, where they have the biggest shimp cocktail in the northeast, when , from what my ex-girlfriend said, the the applause for shutting down was louder than the boat or after drinking too much the night before, I decided to stay over at the town dock In Marblehead Ma and sneak out at sun rise. While leaving a little after 6 a colossal water balloon exploded on my dash, shot from a condo porch 100 feet away. Some race crew on a large sailboat started clapping. To see what the mayhem was about the girl I was with came out of down below with no top on. All the clapping stopped. I thought everyone was jealous. Turns out one of the crew was the girls ex. "Well that explains the bird I just got." Still have not left my boat unattended there.
Great story. -Been years since we've been to the Rudder. I remember Granny rocking the house! Good times.
Old 01-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
Happens a lot. I tell them- if its to loud, you are to old.
Perfect come back.....love it!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

In 15 yrs of having loud boats its only happened two or three times but I do have si choice in this one.....it's usually the opposite.....one time at a dockside rest we go to we were getting in the boat and some guy yells "Let 'er rip buddy" so I start it up with the si choice on and pull away, its pretty quiet, then another 20ft out I open the pipes for a 10sec prelude then hammer it.....Susi said half the people at the rest were standing and giving thumbs up.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
do you have a vid of your dad's boat in the water?