Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Auto style fixed back seats in a boat????? >

Auto style fixed back seats in a boat?????

Notices

Auto style fixed back seats in a boat?????

Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

First let me say that corbeau seats are the sh*!. I normally do all my own upholstery but when it comes the seats you really can't build them from less than what they charge factory made. Also, I've only had them for a season but they are the most comfortable boat seats I have ever sat in. http://www.quadratec.com/products/24226_X0XD_PG.htm# is where I got them and then did the rest of the upholstery to match them.

If I was you I would think about buying a sewing machine and do it your self or find someone who knows how to sew. What you want done is not too difficult. Pretty much three patterns will do the whole thing. Also for 1000 bucks they should supply the foam at least. I know a place you can go to in Halethorpe for vinyl and pad or you could do it online but every computers has different video settings so if you're matching vinyl it's best to do it in person.
In the movie at 3 and a little more at 5:30 will be able to see how basic it really is.
Raceboat restore
Old 01-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
That is beautiful. I pm'd him for a price, break down.. I am sure it is going to be well into the 5 range per seat, which is alot more then I have to play with.. Thanks for that link though.

John jr
I sent back your PM pricing with the best deal I can make, but we are not going to be close enough to your buget. To put things into perspective I just got a bill from Holland express driver for 5 small rolls of laminated vinyl delivered from TN. to OH. for $671.50 collect! (SHIPPING COST ONLY)

Your guy for $1000.00 is a steel if his work is good. That is the problem I seem to come accross often when someone is redoing a old boat with a low book value. Materials are the reason new boats cost so much to build now days, unless you can locate a upholstery shop that has had old vinyl stored away for years and the colors work.

XT

Last edited by XT-Innovator; 01-30-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:35 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
First let me say that corbeau seats are the sh*!. I normally do all my own upholstery but when it comes the seats you really can't build them from less than what they charge factory made. Also, I've only had them for a season but they are the most comfortable boat seats I have ever sat in. http://www.quadratec.com/products/24226_X0XD_PG.htm# is where I got them and then did the rest of the upholstery to match them.

If I was you I would think about buying a sewing machine and do it your self or find someone who knows how to sew. What you want done is not too difficult. Pretty much three patterns will do the whole thing. Also for 1000 bucks they should supply the foam at least. I know a place you can go to in Halethorpe for vinyl and pad or you could do it online but every computers has different video settings so if you're matching vinyl it's best to do it in person.
In the movie at 3 and a little more at 5:30 will be able to see how basic it really is.
Raceboat restore
That is a really nice looking seat. How IN THE SEAT do you actually sit, where about does it catch you at the back? It is important that it holds you in, in my case. Like I said I am not trying to exit stage right again.

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
I sent back your PM pricing with the best deal I can make, but we are not going to be close enough to your buget. To put things into perspective I just got a bill from Holland express driver for 5 small rolls of laminated vinyl delivered from TN. to OH. for $671.50 collect!

Your guy for $1000.00 is a steel if his work is good. That is the problem I seem to come accross often when someone is redoing a old boat with a low book value. Materials are the reason new boats cost so much to build now days, unless you can locate a upholstery shop that has had old vinyl stored away for years and the colors work.

XT
Yes I just saw your PM.. That is exactly where I am at.. The boat is in really nice shape, the wind screen is getting redone along with the deck( but we are doing it our self) and have exp with painting and glass work.. Even after that is all done the boat is going to be a 87 that is not going to be a perfect jewel. I wish I could do the interior my self but i fear I would have more money in scrapped material then just having it done I do thank you for getting back to me. My guy is pretty damn good, so I guess 1000 seems in the ball park for covering the stuff I have made already, but damn I like the high back idea..

Thanks

John jr
Old 01-30-2012, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

You are about as in the seat as you can get with out it being a full wrap around racing seat.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What about a seat like this?

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...3&merchID=4006

I put two of these in my Tahiti jet when I did the upholestry over and I love them. They fit real snug and they are the right price!!

Not sure if you can fit three across though?!?!

Last edited by 502ss; 01-31-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:59 AM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.yourautotrim.com/

Try this place for your materials, prices are not too bad. They are not a wholesale vendor but i've dealt with them before i had an account with Miami Corp.

It's not rocket science. Good luck.