Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Donzi 38 ZRC Demo Boat... >

New Donzi 38 ZRC Demo Boat...

Notices

New Donzi 38 ZRC Demo Boat...

Old 01-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like they're driving in a car. Not my cup of tea.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
Looks like they're driving in a car. Not my cup of tea.
I agree. Can you imagine the running that thing in any type of decent chop. Bet he would be hanging on to the steering wheel then!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by techman
I agree. Can you imagine the running that thing in any type of decent chop. Bet he would be hanging on to the steering wheel then!
So true. Did you see the short part when they must have gone over some waves? They were rocking back and forth like crazy. I felt like I was going to fall out then. Love my old school stand up bolsters.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

I am assuming you guys have never ridden in a Comp.
I have been in many stand up offshore boats and raced for a few years (standing up). I would NEVER trade my sit down for a standup boat in ANY seas. I finish a poker run and feel like a million bucks while others are nursing their backs and knees. The sit down bolsters in the Comp are well designed to absorb the shocks and literally keep you planted in the seat. The front seats you have to slide into because the side bolsters of the seat wrap your legs. There is a reason most of the race boats now are sit down. I have had more people go for a ride in my boat and tell me it was the best riding V they were ever in and could not believe how mundane 80+ mph felt compared to their boats.
Attached Thumbnails New Donzi 38 ZRC Demo Boat...-zrc-gps1.jpg   New Donzi 38 ZRC Demo Boat...-new-zr-2.jpg  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Im sure that is the case. I guess imo, the whole look, the dash, etc, made me feel like I was in a car. It seems to me that in most videos these days, the water is so flat, a boat going 100mph isnt so impressive. I still rather watch that old Apache video where there seems to be a skill to run the boat. Im an amateur, but Im just giving my .02.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice boat!
i like colored padding on the the top of the cut canopies; while it was mandated for racing i think it defines it much better for looks.

sitting is by far better than standing!
Old 01-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 430 Likes on 207 Posts

Didn't mean to get into a sit down versus stand up debate, sorry.

I just like having the option to sit or stand. I've been in a sit down boat with shock seats in moderate seas. I couldn't wait to get out! I think I took a few years off of my kidney's.

Anyhow....

Nice to see new stuff being built. Too bad about the former Fountain property, but a nice place to launch and go for a high speed run nonetheless.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I can't stop watching the video. It's mesmerizing. Remember, the photographer is not holding on at all. Of course the camera is going to shake.