First Look: Class-A Surface Renderings of DCB M41 Wide Body Cat >

First Look: Class-A Surface Renderings of DCB M41 Wide Body Cat

Notices

First Look: Class-A Surface Renderings of DCB M41 Wide Body Cat

Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
and if you'd seen the orange one that rolled and hurt several people while going on 55 you'd believe different too
Do you think that was due to a flaw in bottom design or just human error? Teague and Tomlinson have tested quite a few of the Widebodies and they have not reported any ill handling.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

and if you'd seen the orange one that rolled and hurt several people while going on 55 you'd believe different too
And what do you say about the 36 Skater "Honeyman" that rolled at 45 mph? All cats have some handling traits that a driver needs to be wary of while crossing wakes. Doesn't matter what cat you're in, you cross a wake wrong you an get into trouble even at low speed. The M35 has no bottom design flaw.

And for the record, the M41 will have a pod but not as large as the M31 and 35's.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:28 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
And what do you say about the 36 Skater "Honeyman" that rolled at 45 mph? All cats have some handling traits that a driver needs to be wary of while crossing wakes. Doesn't matter what cat you're in, you cross a wake wrong you an get into trouble even at low speed. The M35 has no bottom design flaw.

And for the record, the M41 will have a pod but not as large as the M31 and 35's.
don't know the relevance of bringing other boat manufacturers into this other than to distract but the facts are the boat rolled while (claiming to be going slow) and the other boats around it did not roll in the same water. maybe it takes someone the calibur of jt or bt to drive the things? i'll defer to others if it has a design flaw as somehow you lack the experience to make that judgement call as it rolled in front of everyone all by itself hurting people and the boats around it didn't roll so maybe it was the new m8 drive that was the problem? pod or no pod, what difference does it make as long as it runs good and is safe
Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In ANY cat, pod or no pod, what does slowing down, in a turn, tucking the drive and crossing a wake/or sloppy water wrong equal? I'd say TROUBLE.

The couple of boats in front had cleaner water I'd bet.

Last edited by patyacht; 02-01-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Registered

don't know the relevance of bringing other boat manufacturers into this other than to distract but the facts are the boat rolled while (claiming to be going slow) and the other boats around it did not roll in the same water. maybe it takes someone the calibur of jt or bt to drive the things? i'll defer to others if it has a design flaw as somehow you lack the experience to make that judgement call as it rolled in front of everyone all by itself hurting people and the boats around it didn't roll so maybe it was the new m8 drive that was the problem? pod or no pod, what difference does it make as long as it runs good and is safe
So again, your reasoning would suggest the 36 skater has a design flaw too since it also rolled at 45mph while crossing a wake? Of course you dont. Nor does 99.9% of people out there. I bring it up to show you it's not an isolated incident with this manufacturer only.

From speaking with Matt (the owner of the boat) and Teague (who was coming up behind them), the boat caught and hooked on a cross wake while in a turn. Pretty common thing to be cautious of with cats. Matter of fact, I believe Tres and Brad cover it in their course.

Having personally been in the M31 at 170 mph, I felt very safe and secure and the boat ran like it was on rails. I can only speak from experience.

And by the way, the orange M35 will be all back together and running at desert storm. Do you think the owners (who also own the 51 outerlimits "Mamba") would put the boat back together and continue running it if they thought it was unsafe? I don't.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-02-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Banned

Just as I suspected; human error.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Just as I suspected; human error.
Just like the vast majority of boat crashes.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Banned

Just like the vast majority of boat crashes.
Wasup Tank are you going to the Miami show?
Old 02-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

So again, your reasoning would suggest the 36 skater has a design flaw too since it also rolled at 45mph while crossing a wake? Of course you dont. Nor does 99.9% of people out there. I bring it up to show you it's not an isolated incident with this manufacturer only.

From speaking with Matt (the owner of the boat) and Teague (who was coming up behind them), the boat caught and hooked on a cross wake while in a turn. Pretty common thing to be cautious of with cats. Matter of fact, I believe Tres and Brad cover it in their course.

Having personally been in the M31 at 170 mph, I felt very safe and secure and the boat ran like it was on rails. I can only speak from experience.

And by the way, the orange M35 will be all back together and running at desert storm. Do you think the owners (who also own the 51 outerlimits "Mamba") would put the boat back together and continue running it if they thought it was unsafe? I don't.

im not saying anything about the skater, thats what you are doing and your analogy that other do it so it is ok does not make me want to own a boat that does this. two or three wrongs dont make a right regardless of who you know. as for owning a v and now a cat i guess it is as they say, driving one is far different than driving another.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered

im not saying anything about the skater, thats what you are doing and your analogy that other do it so it is ok does not make me want to own a boat that does this. two or three wrongs dont make a right regardless of who you know. as for owning a v and now a cat i guess it is as they say, driving one is far different than driving another.
My anology is, anyone can make a mistake driving ANY boat. Tuck the drives and crank a twin step Vee bottom hard and see how that works out. Does that mean there's a design problem with them too? No. Sh!t happens sometimes and people make mistakes. Like I said, the vast majority of the time it comes down to drivers error.

Originally Posted by Catmando
Wasup Tank are you going to the Miami show?
No show for us Cat. I can only get so much time off of work. Going to hit Desert Storm, Key West and maybe LOTO this year. We'll see what else if something pops up.

Last edited by thisistank; 02-02-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.