Like Tree0Likes

Recommedations for a high speed ride near Ft. Myers?

Reply
Old 01-31-2012, 03:16 PM
  #1
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Default Recommedations for a high speed ride near Ft. Myers?

Hi,

My brother and I are picking up a car near Ft. Myers, heading to Daytona and then north to MN in late February. I'm looking for somewhere that gives rides on decent sized boats in the area. He has a couple smaller boats here in MN (sub 60 MPH) so we're looking for something bigger and faster. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
vintagescoots is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:42 PM
  #2
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta / Ft. Myers Fl.
My Boats: Currently 2004 36Skater Classic 1000hp PSI ,"Color Me Bad" ___ Prior boats 1999 28Skater, 2008 300XS: 28 Pantera Race 6 pax, 10 meter Fountain
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagescoots View Post
Hi,

My brother and I are picking up a car near Ft. Myers, heading to Daytona and then north to MN in late February. I'm looking for somewhere that gives rides on decent sized boats in the area. He has a couple smaller boats here in MN (sub 60 MPH) so we're looking for something bigger and faster. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sanibel Marina has a 55' Cat, seats like 50 people Cat with Diesels and Arnesons, it only goes 40ish though, with the Arnesons throwing a tail looks cool, They do an 1.5 hr trip around Sanibel for I believe $45. There is a guy at FT. Myers beach with a smaller Cat maybe 34' his boat only goes 70( he claims higher, but I have blown past him from a dead stop and it would only run 70ish .....But He does SPINOUTS......Never understood that, hope he never rolls the Cat with passengers.
Other than finding someone in the area willing to take you out, thats about it, hope it helps.

Last edited by offshoresteve; 01-31-2012 at 07:47 PM.
offshoresteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:47 PM
  #3
Registered
 
Underdog88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Coshocton, Ohio
My Boats: 30 Velocity
Posts: 571
Default

I was gonna suggest the big cat. I saw it out when I was down there last month. Looked faster than 40mph but, like you said w/the big rooster tail... We were going the oposite direction near Ft Myers beach.
Underdog88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:17 AM
  #4
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Atlanta / Ft. Myers Fl.
My Boats: Currently 2004 36Skater Classic 1000hp PSI ,"Color Me Bad" ___ Prior boats 1999 28Skater, 2008 300XS: 28 Pantera Race 6 pax, 10 meter Fountain
Posts: 794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog88 View Post
I was gonna suggest the big cat. I saw it out when I was down there last month. Looked faster than 40mph but, like you said w/the big rooster tail... We were going the oposite direction near Ft Myers beach.
A friend of mine owns it, I think it only has 350 yanmars & ASD7, He makes good $$ with it usually 35-50 passengers @45 a head and only burns 60 gals a trip.Runs 2-3 & more trips a day, depending on the weather.

Last edited by offshoresteve; 02-01-2012 at 01:19 AM.
offshoresteve is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 AM
  #5
Registered
 
Downtown42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Posts: 9,950
Default

440 Yanmars

http://www.sanibelthriller.com/faq.html

2 trips per day @ 20 days per month, (fuel paid ~500./day) nets about 50k/mo !!!

- Insurance, Maintenance etc.
Downtown42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:24 AM
  #6
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 3,877
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown42 View Post
440 Yanmars

http://www.sanibelthriller.com/faq.html

2 trips per day @ 20 days per month, (fuel paid ~500./day) nets about 50k/mo !!!

- Insurance, Maintenance etc.
Nice,,,,,,
Wildman_grafix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:26 AM
  #7
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Default

I'll have to check out Sanibel Thriller. Any idea who runs the smaller Cat? 70 would still be a good time for me, if the price is right.

Thanks again for the help.
vintagescoots is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:33 AM
  #8
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Plum_Crazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Minnesota
My Boats: 30 Spectre 300X OB's
Posts: 1,011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagescoots View Post
I'll have to check out Sanibel Thriller. Any idea who runs the smaller Cat? 70 would still be a good time for me, if the price is right.

Thanks again for the help.
Maybe this guy?


http://fortmyersboattour.com/Pages/FastCatTour.html
Plum_Crazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
  #9
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FMB, Fl.
Posts: 73
Default

Haha. Thats my buddy Louie with the 32' cat. Did'nt know he had a website. ANyhow the boat is up in Sarasota at Hann Powerboats. They are building a new one for a customer and needed to make some molds of the centerconsole and some of the floor hatches. He also has a limo bus for the complete experience. lol
outlawten5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
  #10
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: FMB, Fl.
Posts: 73
Default

And I have never seen him do a spinout. He is VERY safety oriented when it comes to passengers and friends on his boat.
outlawten5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.