Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What are you using to lock your boat trailers? >

What are you using to lock your boat trailers?

Notices

What are you using to lock your boat trailers?

Old 02-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I put a Bayliner sticker on it. Best defense against theft ever...
That's for sure!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by showtime83
Lo Jack or any other theft recovery system, only way to get it back, hopefully in one piece. If they want it, it is gone. I am not sure if it can be done for boats, however Lo Jack has a system now that if your vehicle moves, and the lo jack key fob is not in the vehicle, it will notify you via text message that your vehicle is moving.
That's a good one except......
I had LoJack installed on a new van a couple years back. A few weeks later I came to work only to find a company truck was missing. Talking to the local cop while making the police report I commented on the rash of stolen vans in our area was the reason I got Lo Jack and they would be able to find mine before the report was filed (like on TV). He said, LoJack is great if the county it's in decides to buy the equipment to track it (ours did not and a lot more don't either) or if it's not in a area with buildings over 2 stories (buildings reflect or dampen the single) or if it's not in a garage with a metal roof like most office parks made today (no single at all) or if they know what county or state it's in (there is not LoJack teams out searching the country looking for stolen cars/boats) or ........... at that point I gave up.
Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I put a Bayliner sticker on it. Best defense against theft ever...
LOL!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One of my customers had a SS Bar that went through the wheels across the trailer and had a large lock that was placed in the wheel so bolt cutters would not get to the shackle, one night it was dragged across the lawn and stopped when it hit the street still attached to a stolen blazer.

This was a guy who also made some creative fireworks and placed a very highly “modified” Party popper under the Bracket to the outboard gear case (trimmed down) for a while, One night the blast woke up the neighborhood.

With the battery tools , there is not much that can not be cut nowadays.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Registered

Its a new world, men.

Tape a gas card to the tongue, with a sign that says "Removal of this boat and trailer will not be reported to any authority for 30 days"
Old 02-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Best Answer Yet!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
That's a good one except......
I had LoJack installed on a new van a couple years back. A few weeks later I came to work only to find a company truck was missing. Talking to the local cop while making the police report I commented on the rash of stolen vans in our area was the reason I got Lo Jack and they would be able to find mine before the report was filed (like on TV). He said, LoJack is great if the county it's in decides to buy the equipment to track it (ours did not and a lot more don't either) or if it's not in a area with buildings over 2 stories (buildings reflect or dampen the single) or if it's not in a garage with a metal roof like most office parks made today (no single at all) or if they know what county or state it's in (there is not LoJack teams out searching the country looking for stolen cars/boats) or ........... at that point I gave up.

LOL!
Hello,

My name is Jason from the LoJack Corporation. Thank you for considering LoJack.

I'm afraid you have been misinformed on some facts. We provide our LoJack tracking equipment completely free of charge to law enforcement agencies where we have coverage.

Furthermore, I believe you have LoJack confused with GPS based tracking systems. LoJack uses RF (radio frequency) technology which can track your vehicle in places that GPS can’t. This includes remote or enclosed areas such as parking garages, tunnels, wooded areas, or in a container on a ship.

And one final point, we actually do have a team of trained individuals out looking for LoJack equipped stolen vehicles. We call them law enforcement liaisons and they can be found in the 28 states we do business in. They look for stolen cars and work directly with police to help them find stolen vehicles.

LoJack does not work on boats, but we do offer LoJack for sale on boat trailers. Keep in mind, if we don’t recover your stolen vehicle/trailer in 24 hours or less, we’ll give you your money back on the LoJack System.

In total, the LoJack network has recovered more than 300,000 stolen vehicles equipped with its system worldwide, amounting to nearly $4 billion (USD).

If anybody has any questions on LoJack please feel free to email me personally at [email protected]

Thank you.

Jason A.
LoJack Corporation
http://www.lojack.com
http://www.autotheftblog.com

Last edited by lojackian; 02-10-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lojackian
Hello,

My name is Jason from the LoJack Corporation. Thank you for considering LoJack.

I'm afraid you have been misinformed on some facts. We provide our LoJack tracking equipment completely free of charge to law enforcement agencies where we have coverage.

Furthermore, I believe you have LoJack confused with GPS based recovery systems. LoJack uses RF (radio frequency) technology which can track your vehicle in places that GPS can’t. This includes remote or enclosed areas such as parking garages, tunnels, wooded areas, or in a container on a ship.

And one final point, we actually do have a team of trained individuals out looking for LoJack equipped stolen vehicles. We call them law enforcement liaisons and they can be found in the 28 states we do business in. They look for stolen cars and work directly with police to help them find stolen vehicles.

LoJack does not work on boats, however we have a 90% recovery guarantee for cars and trucks, or your money back and we have had over 300,000 recoveries worldwide.

If anybody has any questions on LoJack please feel free to email me personally at [email protected]

Thank you.

Jason A.
LoJack Corporation
http://www.lojack.com
http://www.autotheftblog.com

Lowjack is a joke... I had it installed on a piece of heavy equiptment that ended up getting stolen... I reported it, and a year passes and I RECOVER the equipment... not the police... I found the "box" so fast it was funny... Right in the engine compartment, and not connected to any power source... Just 2 bolts holding it in. Dont waste your money, just have good insurance.