Why such hate towards Outerlimits?

Notices

Why such hate towards Outerlimits?

Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up True!

Originally Posted by vtsteve
outerlimits is still in business, and apparently, doing well. Perhaps the boating world is better off in the long run with more spending on new models and customer satisfaction, and a lot less on braggadocio and bs helicopter stunts. It obviously didn't benefit fountain, nor its customers. Nor, the other great brands brought to their knees by an irresponsible management team, or two even.

But hey, they'll always have their videos to look at
+1
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

People want to bad mouth Fountain and outerlimits are just narrow minded people. I love my Donzi's but when it comes to Racing, The Fountain Global Warmer is one of the nicest v's out there, and that OL Rockey Mt Brewery boat is one Georgous boat.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Donskihp
People want to bad mouth Fountain and outerlimits are just narrow minded people. I love my Donzi's but when it comes to Racing, The Fountain Global Warmer is one of the nicest v's out there, and that OL Rockey Mt Brewery boat is one Georgous boat.
I agree

I'd go as far to say pure idiots!!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

[QUOTE=Smarty;384361
.... the OL cheerleading section had really turned me off towards the brand, but regardless of whether I like an individual(s), a good boat is a good boat, and OL makes some dam nice boats that perform well, and the OL cheerleaders have been relatively quiet and humble lately.

Most all of it (cheerleading) has stopped. Not just OL, but all brands seem to have calmed down....finally. We went through a rough patch there for awhile! Hahaha...
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Greatguy66
I read that Baja Donzi&Fountain are still in buisness??
yep they are,,ordered some parts from Fountain today,,
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aug 7, 2004.....171mph. Until that is bested....shhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

[QUOTE=kreed;3844040][QUOTE=Smarty;384361
.... the OL cheerleading section had really turned me off towards the brand, but regardless of whether I like an individual(s), a good boat is a good boat, and OL makes some dam nice boats that perform well, and the OL cheerleaders have been relatively quiet and humble lately.

Most all of it (cheerleading) has stopped. Not just OL, but all brands seem to have calmed down....finally. We went through a rough patch there for awhile! Hahaha...[/QUOTE]

I agree, things have been peaceful with we need some more good natured bantering to keep things interesting but without the blind brand loyalty, that sometimes goes along with a defense of a point or position of mind.

We'll let's start some sh*t, the SV 43 just can't seem to get it right at Key West for the past two or three years, Fountain still wins, consistency. I know there there were mechanical problems, but (here comes the ball busting), winners find a way to podium, the losers go back on the trailer and drink beer out of the cooler (which is OK with me), for I would have rather tried and lost-failed, then to not try at all. BUT, If you are racing an OL SV43 more often then not I would expect a checkered flag, I understand mechanical equipment fails, but preparation and thorough pre race checking (get a six sigma - zero defect mentality) go along way to more podium-checkered flag finishes. So what is the deal, why not a SV 43 World Championship? But maybe Fountain just has a hex on the OL boats, whether it be the kilo run or a on the race course, what else could it be? When it comes to the twin engine class, Fountain was and apparently still is the best for time being, maybe in 2013 the hex will be broken. And for the OL loyalits, I do not give a sh*t about the limited success in Europe, I am intertested in the USA racing, APBA-Jersey Boyz, ect. Win where it matters, Key West!

I am not really busting balls, I am just surprised that the SV43 has not had better success, when it is clearly a fast boat.

BUT to go into the 180+ mph range for two passes, for the record would be entertaining, maybe that would be the niche for the boat.

#1 (Instigator) and #2 (Sheds Plus) below, from a company that hasn't built a race boat in years....

ps. I am neutral, I am not in either camp, I just call it like I see (sometimes I may have a distorted view) but I am on point in this assessment.
Attached Thumbnails Why such hate towards Outerlimits?-winner2.jpg   Why such hate towards Outerlimits?-winners.png  

Last edited by Smarty; 01-09-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Well said Smarty. Funny thing is those guys want to crack jokes that Fountain went out of business. But what's even more pathetic, is a company that still is in business & able to build the latest & greatest cant beat 3,4&5 year old boats!!! Now that's funny!!!