Hardin Marine to Debut Marine Turbocharging Kits in Miami

Notices

Hardin Marine to Debut Marine Turbocharging Kits in Miami

Old 02-11-2012, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Interesting, and this is going to work with the stock camshaft on the 525 or is that part of the kit? 8 degree's more duration on the exhaust side would create an awful lot of back pressure in those stainless headers and make very little power without stupid amounts of boost.
I would think with the right a/r exhaust housing you would be ok. Ran many turbos on stock engines and made big power.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Interesting, and this is going to work with the stock camshaft on the 525 or is that part of the kit? 8 degree's more duration on the exhaust side would create an awful lot of back pressure in those stainless headers and make very little power without stupid amounts of boost.
i don't pretend to know alot but why would a tube header have a problem that the cast headers mercury use dont have? does a motor know where the boost comes from meaning does it know the difference between turbo boost and blower boost? if not would there be a need for a cam change?
Old 02-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

I am sure the guys at Hardin are excited about his new kit and it looks like a nice package. I would think after the unvieling at the Miami show they will put out the specs. as far as what's in the kit, the cost and power increases proposed. I would hope they would release some dyno test reports on the final product as this would give a good indication of the boost levels, torque and power to be produced by the package.
They are correct when they say that they have invested a lot of money in development as the watercooled stainless turbo's alone are no cheap part to produce or purchase.
My guess is that this kit with all its parts,boost control. special headers with special tips, required reprogramming of the ECM or ECM and harness replacement, upgraded fuel pump system, new injectors, etc.,etc. will be well north of $8K.
I would think with reasonable boost lets say 7-9lbs the engine should make about 750+HP. The stock camshaft is not ideal but it should not be a power killer in this HP range.
The problem after that might be getting the Bravo XR to standup with the bigger torque and power loadings.

In any event, looks now like a great new product offering and I hope it works well and is a successful product for our recovering performance boat market.

One thing mentioned here by others is the natural muffler effect of the turbo's should be a plus over mufflers and switchable exhausts.

Congratulations to CP/Hardin for coming to market with a packaged turbocharger system for HP500efi's and HP525efi's in this difficult market , Best of Luck!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar
Old 02-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by diesel2fast4u
details & pics please
We'll all have to wait until Miami, hence the word "debut" in the story headline. But whatever Hardin displays we'll get photos of for an update story on Thursday.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well while I realize this whole subject breeds worlds of speculation, what I do hope, is that it breeds inspiration. What can be accomplished? We didn't invent Turbocharging nor are we claiming our product will obsolete all other induction systems.

What we are claiming is it is high time someone tackle this feat.
What we merely want to do is bring YOU Performance Turbocharging to the aftermarket marine industry. You see until know there has been very little if any options. We have watched our customers that are marine engine builders trying to adapt either cast iron or aluminum versions with very little options so that they can stay competitive against Goliath (M#@%^*y).

We will bring many new turbocharging products to market in the future. We will bring some amazing new designs what I mean by new is new to the marine industry but Std equipment on a state of the art $200K automobile. What everyone needs to know is turbocharging is coming fast and furious. we will just be on the leading edge bringing it to you.

The 525 kit will be just an example to show everyone what can be done with some ingenuity and investment. This is merely the tip of the ice berg I assure your whats coming is AWESOME!

Some will love it and some will be pessimistic and that's ok. What I hope is that you just all keep your eyes and minds wide open. This is not as much about us becoming all things turbocharging as it is for us to provide all of you a platform to built from. In the not so distant future you will be able to buy component to build turbo charged different engine applications of your own. I'm sorry I can't let the cat out of the bag yet but for those in the know that know anything about turbocharging you already realize this is going to open up a whole new frontier of options.

There's great days ahead for our industry and for those that know us best you know were very committed to this industry.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Great idea and good timing! No apology necessary for innovating, challenging or competing. Best of luck. Look forward to talking in Miami.

Tom
Old 02-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Registered

What is the status of this package, it has been over two years since it was introduced at the Miami boat show, there is no reference of it on there website, inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nevermind I didn't even look at the date. I'm an idiot....

Last edited by mickeymcclgn; 02-12-2014 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Not adding to a 2 year old post.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hardin Marine
Well while I realize this whole subject breeds worlds of speculation, what I do hope, is that it breeds inspiration. What can be accomplished? We didn't invent Turbocharging nor are we claiming our product will obsolete all other induction systems.

What we are claiming is it is high time someone tackle this feat.
What we merely want to do is bring YOU Performance Turbocharging to the aftermarket marine industry. You see until know there has been very little if any options. We have watched our customers that are marine engine builders trying to adapt either cast iron or aluminum versions with very little options so that they can stay competitive against Goliath (M#@%^*y).

We will bring many new turbocharging products to market in the future. We will bring some amazing new designs what I mean by new is new to the marine industry but Std equipment on a state of the art $200K automobile. What everyone needs to know is turbocharging is coming fast and furious. we will just be on the leading edge bringing it to you.

The 525 kit will be just an example to show everyone what can be done with some ingenuity and investment. This is merely the tip of the ice berg I assure your whats coming is AWESOME!

Some will love it and some will be pessimistic and that's ok. What I hope is that you just all keep your eyes and minds wide open. This is not as much about us becoming all things turbocharging as it is for us to provide all of you a platform to built from. In the not so distant future you will be able to buy component to build turbo charged different engine applications of your own. I'm sorry I can't let the cat out of the bag yet but for those in the know that know anything about turbocharging you already realize this is going to open up a whole new frontier of options.

There's great days ahead for our industry and for those that know us best you know were very committed to this industry.

Nice job guys,look forward to talking in Miami.
Old 02-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
Nevermind I didn't even look at the date. I'm an idiot....
That was the whole idea, and what I was getting at, there was all kinds of fanfare and buzz, and how it was going to revolutionize they industry, and then nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.