Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Hardin Marine to Debut Marine Turbocharging Kits in Miami >

Hardin Marine to Debut Marine Turbocharging Kits in Miami

Notices

Hardin Marine to Debut Marine Turbocharging Kits in Miami

Old 02-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds Kind of typical in the marine world unfortunately.

What I had written was not directed towards you. It was towards a question above that I was going to chime in on when I realized it was a 2 year old question that's all.

I would like to know however what happened with said kit.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:03 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the best way to look at this is fairly straight forward. They are not going to offer it before they have every detail detailed, every possible issue covered and it is consumer ready. They are not going to use the customer as the guinea pig like other companies do.

They debut it as technology they were working on for the future. Remember that Mercury had the twin turbo motors in the Cigarette boat that Johnny ran and displayed the boat at the Miami boat show a few years prior to unveiling it to the public, once again at the Miami boat show.

I think it's premature to jump to negative conclusions about this project, and just give them time to present it when they feel they have it right and ready. There's only one chance to make a first impression with the customers.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was by no means a slam or I"ll will, but they are the ones that were saying at the time, it was coming out in the spring following the Miami show, and two years have passed since then, I was wondering if they dropped it and moved on to other things. due to the high performance marine industry going into a death spiral due to they what seems to be an unsalvageable economy, no harm no foul it is the marine industry after all, and we all know how fragile it is.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My guess is that hardin put that project on hold until they think the market is ready,and they would use there r&d money on other projects like there new ls marine conversion kits,very cool idea with a lot of possible sales,gm makes a lot of awesome ls based engines that could easily be converted to marine use at a very attractive price,i think the turbo kit is a real cool idea but not sure how many real buyers are out there at the present time,i would bet they sell a lot of ls kits as i am interested in building some