Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Where can I trade my Ferrari for a Go Fast? >

Where can I trade my Ferrari for a Go Fast?

Notices

Where can I trade my Ferrari for a Go Fast?

Old 02-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes but u sve on sales tax
Old 02-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

I respectfully disagree. I have sold many cars through Mecum over the years (all Corvettes) and have done well. The commission schedule you have stated is HIGH, It has always been in the 6-8% seller fee, and can also be negotiated. You do have the option of "reserve".

Both of these type auctions are for public/car enthusiast's to attend, purchase not just an auction like Manheim, Adesa, etc that only a dealer can participate in. This brings the prices to a "retail" cost because emotion is always present...

I am just saying, If you have cash to use towards the boat, the negotiating for the right boat is always better than dealing on a boat that "can take a trade" to work the deal.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaholic
I respectfully disagree. I have sold many cars through Mecum over the years (all Corvettes) and have done well. The commission schedule you have stated is HIGH, It has always been in the 6-8% seller fee, and can also be negotiated. You do have the option of "reserve".

Both of these type auctions are for public/car enthusiast's to attend, purchase not just an auction like Manheim, Adesa, etc that only a dealer can participate in. This brings the prices to a "retail" cost because emotion is always present...

I am just saying, If you have cash to use towards the boat, the negotiating for the right boat is always better than dealing on a boat that "can take a trade" to work the deal.
I agree with all that you said. And the biggest thing you hit on is cash instead of trade. I was just pointing out auction is good and bad, and I think your better off with a car that enthusiast are looking for.
I hate dealers they all want to try and get you to monthly payment terms. Last time I bought it was whats the final price and they tried to get me trip along the whole way on loan or no loan and trade. Just kept telling them whats the final price. Once I was satisfied I then said this is what I have and this is how I am paying, they werent to happy, but I was.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shogren was gonna take my WS6 last fall in on trade, seemed like good people, boat was just slightly outta my reach still, there is a "exotic" market in Chi area whShogren also took a friends el camino on trade a cpl years ago on a new Fountain
Old 02-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Take a walk through the classifieds. There are planty that says, ALL TRADES CONSIDERED ect. ect. ect. What kind of go-fast are you interested in and what do you expect to get for the car? It'll probabley sell for between 65-70k depending on condition, so my guess is you should look for boats just below that price range.
That is 550 money in this market.
Steve
Old 02-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

If your Testarossa was MIAMI VICE white there would be 100 guys here trying to buy it from you.

Okay, 101.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by bajaholic
This is the route to go if you want to get the best deal for your wallet.

Yes, you'll save some tax dollars trading, depending what state you live in.

The boat dealer "catch" will be a 20-30k+ mark-up on a used boat, (ask price 50-100k range) which in then will pass 1/2 that into your "trade price quoted" for your auto/boat.

So if the car is worth 50k real money to the dealer, the dealer tells you 60-65k and you say..."yeah the boat was a bit higher than what I could have bought straight out but I SURE GOT A GREAT TRADE IN VALUE-WAY MORE THAT WHAT I COULD HAVE SOLD IT FOR MYSELF." LOL

Now if you're talking a 2005 RR 46 Cig that an IL dealer bought for ~239k from a desperate owner last fall that was just tired of being jagged around by tire kickers, that dealer mark-up was just north of 100k. Nice pay day for a few phone calls.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

I will take the car

performanceboatbrokerage.com
Old 02-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Okay, 101.
Make that 102...

We need pic's of this thing!!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

how much you want for the car?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.