Notices

Let Me See Your LEDs!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Let Me See Your LEDs!

I'm looking for some LEDs for the transom of my Formula 311 and have an idea of who I'm going with and how many, but just in case I'm missing something I'd like to see some boats in and out of the water if possible so I can see how and where they were installed and how the lighting looks with the type of lights.

I was thinking of going with 2 of Ocean LEDs T6 color blue and mount them just outside of the 2 drives as low as possible.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i think the shadow casters are much better than the ocean LEDs you should ask this questions again after we all have a chance to see the new stuff at the boat show this weekend
Old 02-14-2012, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ocean LED baby!!! Not done yet, but this is where I'm putting mine. Other boat has Ocean LED too......very happy with them.
Attached Thumbnails Let Me See Your LEDs!-dscf1190.jpg   Let Me See Your LEDs!-dsc_6314.jpg  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's a still shot and running video from first time using new LED last Summer. Wasn't too bright. The next time, lit up the entire area.

[youtube]VxYpM5zLhns[/youtube]
Attached Thumbnails Let Me See Your LEDs!-img_0272.jpg  
Old 02-14-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

Just installed mine. Havent been out to get in water pics.

Interior LED

Old 02-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Registered

Shadow Casters if you want the best of the best.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Color-Change Underwater LED Boat Lights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/v/2mzo7lz2pRc

I've posted this video that a friend of mine took on my boat with his smart phone... it's not the best quality, but it's pretty cool. Keep in mind that you lose a lot of the light that the naked eye can see, but that the camera phone doesn't quite pick-up. This summer I plan on shooting some high-def video from another boat running next to mine to better show how much light these leds throw...

I've seen quite a few threads here on OSO that pertain to underwater LED boat lights, but I haven't seen any that include the Lumishore Color-Change Drivelights that I installed on my boat last summer. The really cool thing about these lights is that you don't have to drill holes in your transom to mount them, and you don't have to choose just one color to run on your boat... The lights come with a controller that allows you to choose from (6) pre-set colors: Blue, Green, Red, Magenta, Cyan and White... or you can custom mix any color that you choose.

None of the LED manufacturers that I'm aware of, make an underwater boat LED light in the color purple, and I really wanted the water behind my boat to match the purple cockpit and engine compartment lights that I had already installed... especially at the docks.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Registered

Can you legally run a boat at night with the led lights on? And why don't they make purple? Magenta is more of a pink, isn't it?

Wow! Just saw the price on the multicolor.... gulp!

Last edited by East Coast B; 02-15-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Registered

HOLY ****. i though ocean LED was expensive.

just got off the phone with a lumishore dealer and for one set of lights and a controled it was 2400 bucks.... holy **** man. **** that.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Ocean LED on the transom.
Super Bright LED bulbs in the cockpit.
Truck LED taillights in the engine bay.
Attached Thumbnails Let Me See Your LEDs!-img_3724.jpg   Let Me See Your LEDs!-img_3818.jpg   Let Me See Your LEDs!-nightlight-2.jpg  

Let Me See Your LEDs!-nightlight-4.jpg  

Last edited by Tom A.; 02-15-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.