Pier 57 bought by Shogren??? >

Pier 57 bought by Shogren???

Notices

Pier 57 bought by Shogren???

Old 02-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Pier 57 bought by Shogren???

I just went to Pier57 (NEW) website and they have Shogren boats on there and when you click on contact info it shows Shogren IL address.

www.pier57.com

what's up??

Last edited by chattviper; 02-15-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Just got this email about it. Good deal for everyone :

Shogren Performance Marine & Pier 57 Merger Puts Performance Boating into High Speed

WAUKEGAN, IL, Feb. 15, 2012 – Shogren Performance Marine has successfully completed a merger with Pier 57, joining industry-leading sales with top tier service. From its headquarters in Chicago, Sjogren will take over day-to-day operations of the new company and will maintain a sales presence in Counce, TN.

“We’re very excited about this opportunity,” explained Scott Sjogren, founder of Shogren Performance Marine. The new Pier 57 is committed to being the best and biggest dealer ever, where the buying, selling, servicing and overall client experience will be second to none.”

The combination gives boaters a single point of exclusive access to the best brands in the business: Cigarette, MTI, Checkmate, MYCO, Eagle and Mercury Engines exclusively, along with a great selection of used boats.

“I feel very good about the merger of our businesses. Scott's a very driven and motivated guy, and he'll bring a ton of new energy to things,” commented David Woods, founder of Pier 57. “We're gonna keep doing what we do well. But now we're doing it together, which makes it even better. It's all good!”

“It makes perfect sense to combine the best performance boat salesman I know in David Woods with the best retail operator in the business in Scott Sjogren,” offered Fred Kiekhaefer, President, Mercury Racing. “Complementary talent, leading boat brands and outstanding consumer relationships…it's a brilliant combination, and I’m glad I’m on their team.”

Staffing within the merged organization will remain the same, continuing to deliver the exceptional service and attention to detail that customers of both businesses have come to expect.

“Cigarette Racing is strongly committed to the dealer model because we recognize the immense importance of a complete and well-managed sales and service offering, and these guys are two of the best in the industry,” said Skip Braver, Owner, Cigarette Boats. “Their reputations are exceptional.”

“We chose to adopt the Pier 57 name with our merger because of its well-known brand position and for long term branding opportunities we see within the high performance powerboat industry. This collaboration begins a new chapter—leveraging our combined strengths and well-known histories,” added Sjogren.

About Shogren Performance Marine

Shogren Performance Marine is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Founded by Scott Sjogren in 2003, the company has received numerous industry awards and is a recognized leader in performance boating sales and service.

About Pier 57

David Woods founded Pier 57 in 1994. Located in Counce, TN, the company is a factory authorized dealer for MTI and Cigarette Powerboats, and also carries a large selection of pre-owned powerboats and classic cars.

- # # # -

For More Information Contact:

Scott Sjogren

Pier 57

3830 Sunset Ave.

Waukegan, IL 60086

847-336-9037: Office

Email: [email protected]

Pier 57
3830 Sunset Ave Waukegan, IL 60087
www.pier57.com 847.336.9037
Old 02-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i just got the same email ,
that's great new's
Old 02-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by chattviper
I just went to Pier57 (NEW) website and they have Shogren boats on there and when you click on contact info it shows Shogren IL address.

www.pier57.com

what's up??
I saw that as well....interesting.....you shopping Mark?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Always!!!! You?

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I saw that as well....interesting.....you shopping Mark?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool ,I wish them the best.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:26 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool... That's gonna be a powerhouse organization. Best of luck to them !!!!
Old 02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

No mention of nor tech on press release or on the new website wonder what's up.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never did business with Shogren but have with Pier 57.
Wish the best to the new company.

Last edited by Tantrum; 02-15-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Never did business with Shogren but have with Pier 57.
Wish the best to the new company.
Ditto here. I bought my Donzi from Pier 57 back when they sold those! I'm proud to have the Pier 57 decals on my trailer. It's hard to picture David Woods partnering with someone but I guess it makes sense today.

Sooo, did Sjogren become Shogren so that everyone would be able to pronounce it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.