PSI Racing Water cooled Header!! >

PSI Racing Water cooled Header!!

Notices

PSI Racing Water cooled Header!!

Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
psi
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Space was definitely an issue, when I built the 1st equal length header it was either a 6-1 style collector or a split collector with 3 tubes merging on each side....I tried the 6-1 to make life a little easier, but yes it was to complicated to water cool, took up too much space and not watercooled just wrapped, wayyyyyy too much heat.. Im very happy how the educated log style manifold (as I call it) has worked out as far as look and performance and of course convience. Now its to time to see if it survives water cooled and any other question marks I might have with it being cooled... Will have it fired up by friday the latest, on the water hose and in the water god willing saturday...will post up results and pics.... Think I might have some hooter girls along for the ride so im sure u guys wouldnt mind some pics of that also!!!!

Thanks,
Brendan
Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

the log will be fine...you're not losing a ton....

The individual setup would be a pain in the ass, also more costly. good luck with the testing!

Although you could've used a heat coating, and then wrapped the headers if you ran a dry manifold, then run a water cooled housing...that could've worked...
Old 02-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Now if you want to try a real MAN sized Turbo, I'll donate a Holset HT60! If you take me for a few rides next time your up in Missery
Old 02-20-2012, 12:37 PM
psi
Registered

Hey madhatter42....I just wanted to be done with it and water cool it and not worry about the heat...next is trubine housing which is fabricated already but im not gonna put it on just yet...

@waveform....I dont know much about Holeset turbos....but turbo size is tricky when it comes to this hole ordeal...to big and well bee running along at about 8mph trying to get on plane...no fun...LMAO!!! the fish in the water will be passin us by!!

Thanks,
Brendan
Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

If I remember correctly, an ht60 is about 110mm exducer.
It's used on 18L industrial diesels.

Last edited by Waveform; 02-20-2012 at 10:49 PM.