need registration help in ny >

need registration help in ny

Notices

need registration help in ny

Old 02-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need registration help in ny

I purchased a 1978 challenger/superboat that was last registered in New Hampshire in 2008. I only got a bill of sale with the purchase and was told by scpd that was all i needed to register in ny. Dmv is telling me otherwise. Previous owner is un cooperative in trying to get a new one for me. Anyone have experience with this or any ideas?
Old 02-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wouldnt be by chance about 33 ft and red with twin big blocks would it?? seen one on craigslist last summer i was tryin to pick up and dont know where it went
Old 02-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

this is a 21 challenger white and blue just something to get out and have some fun with. I know its not stolen i had a friend run the hull# but that doesn't help me at dmv. They couldn't care less about helping me
Old 02-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Post some pics, do you have the hin ?
If it starts with krg than its a jersey challenger
Might be better posting some pics and asking over on scream and fly someone there might know the boat
HTH
Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzz11672
this is a 21 challenger white and blue just something to get out and have some fun with. I know its not stolen i had a friend run the hull# but that doesn't help me at dmv. They couldn't care less about helping me
are you a bill of sale state or title state?

in ky where a title in order to use a bill of sale here you have to have the registration card and the bill of sale signed and notarized

i once got a boat that changed hand 5 times before me and of course no registration card i had to get a affidavit and send to the last known registered owner to get it signed and notarized that way i cold get a title.. took a long time for him to send it back to me.. shoulld have taken care of it myself

if you can prove you owned it for 5 years they will issue you a new title here..

if you have a bill of sale id get some one in another bill of sale state to register it a then sign it to you.. with a reg card....

that was my second option prolly should have went that way to begin with either way it take lil time.. jst my experience

i feel for you been there do it..
Old 02-26-2012, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What is motor vehicle exactly telling you?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NY you need a bill of sale period. Second if New Hampshire required a title then NY is going to want to see a title in order to transfer it. I ran into this problem with a boat trailer from IL. Old owners never titled or registered the trailer because the trailer was never used because boat was at a cottage. Owners and broker played games for a while on it and they wanted me to do a home made trailer registration. Got to the point where I said two options give me a title or take your trailer back and give me 3 grand to find a trailer.

What is the dmv telling you? Im guessing they want to see a title, but I bet the old owner never titled it. This can be challenging as the old owner might have troubles getting paperwork to title it himself.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Drive to NH, they will print you a title on the spot. In fact they will print a title for any registration for any rec vehicle from any state, on the spot. NH is the dmv loophole we use in NY for paperowork problems
Old 02-27-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Drive to NH, they will print you a title on the spot. In fact they will print a title for any registration for any rec vehicle from any state, on the spot. NH is the dmv loophole we use in NY for paperowork problems
problem is you still need a registration to begin with
Old 02-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Registered

In NY I believe you NEED the title, if you have the cooperation of the previous owner you may want to contact http://www.broadwaytitle.com/ they are great with classic cars, and know the system pretty well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.