Notices

Need help with colors

Old 02-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need help with colors

Looking for a good silver and mettalic grey paint color. House of Kolors orion silver is too much mettalic and their galaxy grey has a brown tint. Any suggestions for a off the shelf color preferably a OEM 2 stage.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Mercedes has a really nice silver i think called Sterling Silver or something. I have the number at the shop and will post it tomorrow. Its a nice clean color thats not to coarse. Something you might want to try is take a drive through a few new car dealerships and look for something that you have in mind where you can view it on a large scale. The reason i say new car is it narrows down identifying the color to 2012 after that all you really need is the make and model. You can generally find the color number with a book quick search at the paint supply place.

you can also go to this site

http://drcolorchip.com/

on the right side there is a "find you OEM color" tab you can usually find the factory codes here to. The color samples are meaningless but you can narow it down sometimes. helps if you can get a color name off a window sticker to.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 02-19-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Went by Mercedes today and found my silver and my grey, thanks. Also that link is great
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey also look at Polaris silver from Porsche. Nice light silver with a hint of metallic. It just looks right. Like a dusting.