Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paging Chicago area guys (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/27115-paging-chicago-area-guys.html)

hp500efi 06-21-2002 03:07 PM

Paging Chicago area guys

Guys, the wife and I have a wedding to attend on the 29th of June and it takes place downtown as well as out on the water....thats right, out on the water. After the Church ceremony, we are all headed out on a large party boat for the reception. The boat goes up and down the river as well as out onto Lake Michigan....should be a blast. We will be on the water from 7-midnight so I am told. Any good places to "club" afterwards? We are staying at the downtown Hyatt.

What I was wondering is if you guys could give me some direction as to some marinas along the shoreline from Wisconsin as I will have some time to kill on our way down. I was hoping to stop at a few and checkout some of the iron.

Also if any of you guys are around and you spot this wedding barge, , give me the good ole OSO "thumbs up" so I know it is one of us :).

Jeff

Cord 06-21-2002 03:40 PM

I met JAFO at a marina last year, but I can't recall which one. It was a skipper buds. There wasn't a whole lot see (although it was a nice place) but they had a tiny junk yard out back that was kinda interesting. They even had a jet ski that got run over.

jafo 06-21-2002 09:39 PM

That'd be North Point Marina (Winthrop Harbor), very close to the state line south of Racine. Also an Illinois State Park. One of the nicest facilities between Milwaukee and Chicago. Not sure of how much heavy iron is kept there- Skipper Buds has a large rack storage facility there with in/out service. I think Wally would be have some good ideas for you as well.
Jim

Back4More 06-21-2002 10:25 PM

Jeff,
Whats the name of that party boat your going out on?
If we get the boat back this weekend im sure i will be out making up for lost time.:p
We'll buzz you a couple of times.:cool:

candyman35 06-21-2002 10:49 PM

Jeff,
What are you guys doing on Sunday, besides recovering? If business doesn’t kill me I should be out. I'll be finished boating by the time your party barge gets on the lake Saturday night other wise two Fountains could buzz you. :D

Dan

hp500efi 06-24-2002 07:06 AM

B4M, not sure on the name of the boat only that it is a party barge for weddings. Are there more than ONE? :eek: If I can find out, I will let you know.

No doubt about it, we will be having a great time on that boat. Mostly very close friends totaling about 125-150 people.

Sunday, , , gonna be a quite ride back home :o :o :o

rv 06-24-2002 09:46 AM

Like Jafo said, stop at Withrop Harbor - Skipper Buds. We rack store our boat there. There are some big Cigarettes, Fountains, Sonics, Baja. Most are in the 1st shed South of the sales/repair building. If you want a treat go to the to the far back building in the North West corner. This is back behind the parking lot for boats launching at the ramp. There is a 42 or bigger Outlerlimits and a 46 Cigarette, both very nice boats.

Rick

hp500efi 06-24-2002 09:51 AM

The name of the boat is "Chicago's First Lady" and it docks right at the Hyatt downtown.

Make sure you guys buzz bye a few times :) :)

candyman35 06-25-2002 12:52 AM

Hp500efi,
Very classy ship! There are lots of charter boats in Chicago. The ValaraIV, a two-story monster, almost crushed a triple engine Outerlimits a few years ago. De Clawed was also in the crash pattern. Lots of wind and no bow thrusters. They finally docked and let a wedding party off. An hour latter they were taking another wedding out. There were 6-10 footers on the lake that day. Be happy you’re going out on Chicago's First Lady.
Dan

BTW, If you get any spare time on Sunday let us know.