Its over..... "The common man" >

Its over..... "The common man"

Notices

Its over..... "The common man"

Old 02-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Its over..... "The common man"

Well I couldn't help but notice a few things in the Miami Boat show thread, First and foremost WOW I mean just jaw dropping But I just couldn't help but think about where things are nowadays, it seems as the day of the entry level performance boater are gone, gone are the 24-28ft single engine models that can accommodate a family and still run on boys day, (27 Formula, 25 Outlaw, 27 Fever, 26 Velocity, 25 Convincer, 28 Sunsation) here are the days 29 ft single engine boats that run 90 mph, and probably cost 200k here I thought things were going downhill when a new 25 outlaw cost 75k, the boats of today 10-15 years old will still be outta the "common mans reach" it makes me wonder on what I'll be driving around the river in 15 years, at this rate probably a 27 ft Formula
Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear you. Its really incredible the new boats that are hitting the market. The technology is moving forward, and state of the art motors are hitting the scene, along with some very impressive newer hulls. As a 28 year old boater, it is extremely disappointing that the entry level boats have all but disappeared. I know i will be in my SCS for years to come, but when im ready to step it up to the next level, the used market will probably be stagnant. I guess until im loaded, ill have to keep watching the big boys play and avoid their wakes!
Old 02-21-2012, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seen this coming the last 5 years. Its truely sad...
Old 02-21-2012, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Add to that the 50K pick up trucks needed to pull these boats and the soon to be $5 pump gas to keep everything moving!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brad you have a WS6?

PP ya I agree writing been on the wall for a few years, Then with the cost of gas, it really is over I think, boats are expendable, things get tight there the first to go, it doesn't hurt the big boys in my opinion most big boys run the run and go home, or go out for 4 hours on Sunday, I use mine at least 4 days a week, and all day sat and Sunday, unless its raining.

Back on topic I wonder how the new "bling" factor will affect the sales of our older boats, I would think with the cost of these new things are older ones would be more attractive and maybe there values have hit the bottom
Old 02-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is simply down to the economics of it all. There are very few people left that do not require some kind of financing on a boat until you are north of 300k. The lack of available customers coupled with decrease in volume; which is what drives small boat production; means there are fewer builders willing to invest in entry level boats.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Boat Prices "New" are Ridiculous!!

Hold on to your used boats. New boat manufacturers are just plain nuts. A 19' foot boat with a 4 cyl for 26K and near 38K with a 5.0L??? I know most here don't care about a 19' bowrider, but you can see were these prices are going.

And you have to admit that after the past 15 years, the style and look of performance boats have not changed in appearance and style very much. Technology advancement in performance boats has not increased to equal or justify the increase in prices.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. I look at the prices of new boats and realize that I can gut mine, redo interior, hardware and paint, refresh the power, and have something unique, and still be ahead of the money game.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

That's why I started Resurrection Marine (shameless promotion ).
We can restore a true classic boat with true classic lines and style for half to a quarter of what it would cost to buy a cookie cutter bowrider of the same size. For folks who only go out 10 or 15 times a year it makes a whole lot more sense to buy something restored at a reasonable price then to buy a high dollar new boat just to leave it sit and depreciate for most of the year.
We also get to pull a few of these classics out of the weeds and keep them from going to a landfill or even worse, abandon on one of our waterways and put them back on the water. It's a win, win for everyone.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kenthegreenkeeper
Yup. I look at the prices of new boats and realize that I can gut mine, redo interior, hardware and paint, refresh the power, and have something unique, and still be ahead of the money game.
I wish I would hav kept about 3 of the ones I have had in the past and just moth balled them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.