Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WOOHOO I think my engines are both done!!!! >

WOOHOO I think my engines are both done!!!!

Notices

WOOHOO I think my engines are both done!!!!

Old 06-24-2002, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks great. Who did your machine work?
Old 06-24-2002, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

Jason? Is that really you?? The one who was ready to sink his boat not even 2 months ago??? Dam bro those are looking tight!!! Wheres some pics of the whole boat?? Very nice job on the motors....Dude, hot pink is the new black!!
I know how you feel I just got off the phone with my mechanic and he said to bring down my boat to drop the motor in and I should have it back by the end of next week.....But I wont be able to use it right away, going to frickin hawaii...I'm thinking about canceling the trip so I can run my boat 100 hrs in a week!!
Old 06-24-2002, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lookin good my friend, i think i know who you stole that color from just kiddin ya bro
Attached Thumbnails WOOHOO I think my engines are both done!!!!-barbie-dream-house.gif  
Old 06-24-2002, 08:54 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jay, Sounds pretty good except for the MSD. You couldn't give them to me...seen to many take dumps! Give me good ole thunderbolt ignitions by Merc. At 5000 rpm they work as good as any. I had Slingshot powder coat my polished valve covers with clear to keep them looking new. Also had intakes and thermostat housings p.c.'ed in magenta to match upolstery. He did a real neat job.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Ohhhhhh Nooooooo
Bad reports on MSDs!?
I just wired them up!!!!

Motors Look Good!!!!!! cant wait to see them in youre boat!!!
Old 06-24-2002, 09:17 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, unless your spinning your engines at 8 grand you don't need MSD's. In fact , up to 5000 rpm "POINTS" actually produce "mopower". But in most race applications such as drag , dirt track , NASCAR whatever, they turn the engines a lot higher than 5000rpm. AND ..NASCAR doesn't use stock MSD's anyway. They send them someplace down south that literally dumps everything out and replaces the components with better quality stuff. Because they won't even finish a 500 mile race. Good Luck
Old 06-25-2002, 08:09 AM
Registered

Okay lets start this by saying I must have written something wrong
I have retained the stocker thunderbolt ignition but I did opt for 2 of the MSD high vibration coils. Jumping from 20-25 thou volts to 40 or 45 thousand volts on the MSD's. Just going for a hotter spark is all. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

Okay lets answer some questions
First MXZ800 Dude, that is FUNNY
My wife is going to be ROFLHFAO
Urethera pink
Ba hahahahahahaha
Thats good I like that
urethera pink

Okay
Marty, I went to Joe Vigorita over at ECAM racing engines in Glenside PA. He went way above and beyond what he was supposed to do for me to get me where I really wanted to be.
He charged me 4400 bones done, painted, complete and out the door with all the stuff I had listed on the other page of this post.
In my opinion, I could not go wrong, I even got 2 new sets of cylinder heads (large oval) in that price.
How can I beat that?

Tank, yeah that was me, ready to just junk this freakin thing in the back yard and just break it all up with a chain saw !!!
but now hopefully if everything goes right when I dump the engines back in, Ill be boating real soon
Hawaii huh, lets see, get on a plane for 6 hrs with the stench of fat people that soiled the seats on the flight before yours, or go boating, listen to about 50 screaming kids from the pressure in the cabin or go boating, get yourself and loved ones on to a plane that was built in 1971 by the lowest bidder, or go boating. HUMMMMM seems the answer speaks for itself my brother!
just kidding im joking im joking.

I did want to thank all of you that either lended a wrench or a verbal hand, this project was NOT what I expected and NOT what I wanted and had in mind when I bought this thing.
But now, since just about everything in the engine compartment is replaced and new, and painted and pretty and finished and so on, I think im ready to hit the water real soon.
Thanks guys for the compliments too
Now I have the URETHERA PINK engines to show off

Do you all think I earn a spot on the custom engines section of OSO???
Jason
PS here is a pic of the boat which I never got to paint and do over cause all my funds were diverted into the engines
Jason
Attached Thumbnails WOOHOO I think my engines are both done!!!!-untitled-1.jpg  
Old 06-25-2002, 08:10 AM
Registered

and another
Attached Thumbnails WOOHOO I think my engines are both done!!!!-untitled-2.jpg  
Old 06-25-2002, 11:05 PM
Registered

i didnt think you would mind if i let the cat outta the bag on the color