Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   South Beach, Key West Hotels (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/271336-south-beach-key-west-hotels.html)

BajaDan 02-24-2012 09:48 AM

South Beach, Key West Hotels

I'm trying to plan a non boating anniversary trip starting in South Beach and then heading down through the Keys, ending at Key West. I know a lot of you are very familar with these areas. The type of place I am looking for could possibly best be described as a clean, comfortable dive. We don't need a high scale resort, but any and all recommendations are appreciated. If you've stayed someplace that you really liked, I would like to hear from you.

Thanks for your help.

Dan

redsled33 02-24-2012 10:14 AM

In key west we stay at the pier house. Definitely not the cheapest but nice view and nice rooms.

gofastlvr 02-24-2012 10:18 AM

We just went last week and stayed in Key Largo at the Hilton a couple nights. It was nice and clean. We then went down to Key West and stayed at Inn at Key West and it was a nice older hotel off Duval. Two stories and no elevator but still cool and have a great pool. I have stayed at Hyatt in Key West as well as Truman and they are both great.

Make sure to hit No Name Pub on Big Pine Key and go slow and watch for Key Deer. They are everywhere about dark and if you hit one they will hang you from the nearest tree!

DirtyJerz 02-24-2012 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff P31 (Post 3625995)
Just spent a week at south beach and I can tell you there is nothing cheap as far as rooms go , dive or other wise !!!!!!! Just saying :eekdrop:

I was down there at the Breakwater (9th & Ocean) and it was pretty cheap, considereing the boat show was going on. I think I paid ~$150 a night. Hotel was great for us, but def. do not stay there if you plan on going to bed before 4am lol. The Clevelander was directly outside our window.......and they party until 4-5am :evilb:

tgersx 02-24-2012 10:48 AM

For key west casa marina is by far the nicest, but its expensive. They have a really nice beach, its my first choice.

jeff32 02-24-2012 11:33 AM

great info...

simon1401 02-24-2012 12:00 PM

Just stayed at Clay Hotel last weekend for boatshow. think that was around 140 per night. Fits the clean comfortable description. Also bit lound into the early hours, unless you can get one of there rooms back away from the street. Short walk up from south beach.

BajaDan 02-24-2012 12:47 PM

Thanks guys, this is really helpful information. A good time is largely dependent on where you stay and not having much first hand experience in these areas, it would be easy to make a mistake. I'm not trying to cheap out here, just that some of the really nice places are not much fun and some of the dives you wouldn't want to get in the bed if you were shirnk wrapped.

I appreciate all the comments.

Dan