Dallas Area - Reputable/Quality Surveyor >

Dallas Area - Reputable/Quality Surveyor

Notices

Dallas Area - Reputable/Quality Surveyor

Old 02-25-2012, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dallas Area - Reputable/Quality Surveyor

Does anyone recommend a quality, reputable and reasonable surveyor in the Dallas, Texas area? The boat is a 27-28 single engine, volvo powered runabout. Thanks.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

We can help you out with that - both mechanically and structurally. Very experienced with Volvo Penta's plus certified since 1998. I would like to know who is selling the boat because I might be able to save you some time & money on this.

In our area Dallas / Ft. Worth alot of car guys and jack of all trades are selling used repo boats that know nothing about boats but post great pics of their pos gems. Also very low water conditions most of last year so we see alot of impact damage. FYI

We are located in Ft. Worth and Crowley TX. Let me know if I could be of assistance for the boat check out you are looking at. We have been in business since 1991. Cell. 817-658-7721 www.boatsun.com email: [email protected]

Our area boats have to be winterized regardless so another thing to be aware of because alot boat owners do it themselves or skip it completely because they think it might not freeze or does not freeze hard enough. Most family rec boat owners winterize incorrectly.

Volvo Penta EFI / MPI motors believe or not most marine shops miss draining the Volvo's cool fuel system of water during winterization inwhich can lead to problems in the spring. Just some heads up for you.

Last edited by BUP; 02-25-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Registered

Call John Mosetti at Boats Unlimited. He helped me earlier this year when I was interested in a Powequest in the area.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

+2

John is trustworthy and extremely knowledgeable.

Originally Posted by BUP
We can help you out with that - both mechanically and structurally. Very experienced with Volvo Penta's plus certified since 1998. I would like to know who is selling the boat because I might be able to save you some time & money on this.

In our area Dallas / Ft. Worth alot of car guys and jack of all trades are selling used repo boats that know nothing about boats but post great pics of their pos gems. Also very low water conditions most of last year so we see alot of impact damage. FYI

We are located in Ft. Worth and Crowley TX. Let me know if I could be of assistance for the boat check out you are looking at. We have been in business since 1991. Cell. 817-658-7721 www.boatsun.com email: [email protected]

Our area boats have to be winterized regardless so another thing to be aware of because alot boat owners do it themselves or skip it completely because they think it might not freeze or does not freeze hard enough. Most family rec boat owners winterize incorrectly.

Volvo Penta EFI / MPI motors believe or not most marine shops miss draining the Volvo's cool fuel system of water during winterization inwhich can lead to problems in the spring. Just some heads up for you.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Registered

John - you will get an email or phone call from a Mr. Patton on Monday. I am not the buyer, just trying to help a buddy out. The boat is a 2009 Regal 270. Thanks!!
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Registered

Find one.

http://www.marinesurvey.org/index2.html
Old 02-26-2012, 07:18 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the referrals. I will look for the email or make sure to get the phone call.

Regal makes a good boat. Volvo Penta from 2007 thru 2010 had problems with their tilt & trim systems. One thing they did is mounted it externally in the starboard side of the outer transom assembly. They are on their 4 th system upgrade and the problems have gone away now.

If its a 496 motor Volvo offered that motor only hooked to Duo prop outdrive no single prop SX drive offered with the big block only small block and down apps had both options. Also the 496 Volvo can be offered with closed cooling and non closed models where as Mercruiser 496 is all closed cooling offered. FYI Thanks.